Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • I am not one of cyclings hard men
  • jonb
    Free Member

I often browse through bigringriding as i find it amusing. This morning I found out I will probably never feature.

Found some black ice at about 10miles, went down at the front, got the two guys behind me coming down on top of me.

Limped home, swore lots while i cleaned up the mess that used to be my elbow and morned the loss of my bank balance as i have ripped a pair of shorts, new windproof tights,nearly new softshell jacket, broken my nice (£100) helmet and i haven’t even looked at my bike properly but I know at least one shifter is gone.

I do now have an appreciation for people who shave there legs to make it easier to clean road rash. If it only happens once it would be wrth it!

Flip knows jow anybody could ride a tour after crashing I can barely get up the stairs.

Edric64
    Free Member

Hope you heal ok .I am always more pissed off at wrecking kit in a fall as I heal for free but kit costs lots!!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

eeeeeeeeeeeeee

Touch wood I’ve nver hit the deck from speed on a road bike, but even loosing the front wheel on some oily painted concret coming into a car park hurt quite a bit!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

After numerous experiments on grazes and cuts I can tell you that Vaseline helps grazes and cuts heal more quickly than Savlon or leaving it uncovered.

Make sure you use non-stick dressing to cover it if you have to put clothes over it. Keep the dressings as loose as possible.

If there is grit in the graze, pick out the easy bits and the rest will work itself out. Also gives you something to pick at when the scab starts itching.

Enjoy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘I am not one of cyclings hard men’ is closed to new replies.