Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • I am losing my father
  • Squidlord
    Free Member

Lost my Dad just over 10 years ago. As others have said, get all the time you can with him. Make sure you say everything that needs to be said. Do it soon. My old man wasn’t making much sense or understanding a great deal in the last couple of weeks.
    It’s shit. But you’ll get through it somehow. Sending man-hugs.

tomtomthepipersson

Sorry to hear your bad news. While you still have the chance, tell him how much you love him.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

make sure you spend every second you can with him. take time off work, max out a credit card to do so if need be.

i lost my nan 3 weeks ago, we were very close- she raised me while mum worked 2 jobs to keep a roof over our heads
    i sat with her holding her hand and reading to her for the last weeks of her life and was there when she died, holding her and telling her how much we all loved her.

it was immensely hard but now i have nothing but gratitude for every silly little second of it all

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    piemonster

🙁

Best wishes, and take care of yourself.

cranberry
    Free Member

I’m sorry to hear about your dad. Spend as much quality time with him as you can whilst you can.

I lost my dad to cancer last May after he’d fought it for four and a half years – all I can say is take care of him and the rest of your family and take care of yourself too. MacMillan and other groups are excellent at providing emotional and practical support – don’t be shy in asking them for help.

Andy-R

project – Member

Older people know they’re going to die and a lot have seen many of their freinds die, so they know what to expect, its just tough on the family.

You don’t really think that makes it any easier, do you? We all know we’re going to die…

It’s been 20 years since my dad died (aged 93) and there’s not a day goes by that I don’t think of him or that he comes up in conversation.
    I’m just grateful for having had such a great Dad – he taught me pretty much everything useful that I know.

MoreCashThanDash

That’s tough. Be grateful for all the time you have had and all the he stuff he has done for you, and make the most of what time you all have left.

Colleagues mum was diagnosed with lung cancer the week for Christmas, passed away Feb 13th. She was more worried it would be a slow drawn out end, and was at peace with the situation, which has helped him.

Sadly, withe stw demographic, suspect a lot of us have this to come.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Very sad news.

Take it easy fella.

padkinson
    Free Member

Best wishes dude, take care of yourself.

My Dad was recently diagnosed with an incurable (not quite terminal, but pretty close), rare form of lung cancer. He’s got onto a promising looking drug trial, but the reality is that he will die from it, it’s just a case of when.

I’m 18 at the moment and I don’t know what I’ll do without him.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘I am losing my father’ is closed to new replies.