• This topic has 24 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • I am in Zurich and my luggage is in…
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

… if you know, please can you tell BA.

I have a very important meeting at 8am tomorrow morning. It is 11:30pm and I am wearing jeans and a teeshirt. These are the only clothes I currently have. There is no where to buy a suit and I am a little miffed.

brakes
    Free Member

have the hotel not got something in lost property you could borrow?

zokes
    Free Member

That’s because you wouldn’t post a picture of that air-head american lass you told us about at T5!

deepreddave
    Free Member

I’d be getting some sleep and ordering overnight laundering if I were you. No offence intended 🙂
    Something from lost property could be a right laugh! Umbrella, mobile, dentures and a couple of g strings would certainly make an impression!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Is it your tatty WCA t-shirt?

I dare say your collegues/clients will understand, not your fault, is it? Besides, your personality and charm will make them forget you look like a scruffy git.

(Tries to erase mental image of WCA in a g-string. Fails. Realises is now scarred for life…)

cinnamon_girl

Any well-dressed tramps in Zurich? Might want to swap a suit for a WCA t-shirt?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Don’t be silly. Even tramps have some dignity.

Have you seen how tatty that t-shirt is?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I am here trying to save jobs and all you can do is mock

BA insurance should sort me out some threads

avdave2

A better place

Important meeting and you decide that you will put your suit in the hold despite not having time at the other end to replace it if something goes wrong. I’d say your client, if their Swiss, will simply see it as a lack of preparation.

Glad it’s not my job your trying to save 🙂

Best of luck anyway, hopefully those people who’s jobs you went to save won’t lynch you on your return.

Drac

Yup first rule of travel, if it’s important and it can fit keep it in your hand luggage.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

drac – clean underwear fits in hand luggage, a suit is a struggle. Trust me, I fly a lot

darrell
    Free Member

there are loads of places to buy suits in Zurich. and there are a couple of good bike shops as well……go and hire a bike from Transa and go riding on Uetliberg

😀

rickmeister

Sort of agree with the hand luggage comments but, get a suit am.. you will need it when BA actually send your luggage to Zurich and you have gone home!

We had a colleague delivering a programme in Zurich and the courier failed to deliver on time. She flew in, found no programme materials so went out shopping and pulled it all together, just.. The programme was on change…. so she had some good anecdotes.

Do the meeting in your new suit as if nothing happened, then in the final pleasantries, drop in the story, your new suit etc and then see how impressed will the client be!

Good luck.

-m-
    Free Member

a suit is a struggle

How big’s your suit?

Trust me, I fly a lot

But not enough to have learnt the basics yet it seems 😉

sweaman2
    Free Member

Not helpful I know but I can manage to fit all the kit I need for 5 weeks offshore in hand luggage. (Admitidly that doesn’t include PPE). I recommend a maximum legal carry-on suiter from Samsonite; you should be able to fit most suits in it.

wwaswas

"all the kit I need for 5 weeks offshore"

a swimsuit and a towel?

willard

A canoe?

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

you go for an overnighter and you check in luggage? schoolboy error.

should have worn the suit had had the jeans and t-shirt in your hand luggage.

you must be very lucky if you travel a lot and this has never happened to you before.

u02sgb
    Free Member

I used to travel weekly Glasgow to Zurich via London on BA. The record was losing my bags five times in a month and a half.

They did give me enough points for a flight to Canada though. If you go out and buy a suit in Zurich you *may* be able to claim it back from BA if your persistent enough (helps if you’ve flown business or are a "proper" executive club member).

And I’d second hiring a bike and going to the top of Uetliberg for the bike ride down. Quite good fun. You could even get the train up if your not a local and plead ignorance if you get caught (they don’t like using the train as an uplift).

Stu.

coffeeking
    Free Member

This reminds me of the (first?) Green wing episode

Stu_N

Bit late now, but if you’re staying anywhere half-decent that would been the time to call on the concierege. Colleague in a similar situation ended up with a suit from a 24 hour hypermarket. Not the sharpest threads, but a good icebreaker at the meeting.

But golden rule is hand luggage for the win (especially if going anywhere other than London City). I can do a suit week on hand bags no problem, if it’s an overnighter you should be ashamed of yourself! Just wear the jacket if you’re worried about it getting crushed in bags.

Drac

drac – clean underwear fits in hand luggage, a suit is a struggle. Trust me, I fly a lot

Your going to need a bigger bag then.

bruk

Can’t fit your suit in your hand luggage? how big are your pants/feet if clean underwear takes up all the space?

MrNutt
    Free Member

reschedule the meeting to be held in a sauna, arrive first and leave last and no one will be any the wiser!

DrP

Run in to the meeting in just your pants and say you gave your suit to a homeless man 10 minutes earlier, as he looked "chilly".
    If they shun that sort of charity, do you really want to do business with these people………???

DrP

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘I am in Zurich and my luggage is in…’ is closed to new replies.