Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • I am going outside, I may be some cold ;)
  • Alex

Day off. New bike. Not raining. Lots of expensive warm weather gear. No excuses. Couldn’t help noticing in my flickr stream tho that about this time last year we were riding in shirt sleeves!

I’m off up a big hill. When I get back, I shall be fully worthy of tea and medals. Anyone else riding today?

officialtob
    Free Member

Nope sadly not – no riding til Monday for me.

Enjoy! 🙂

momo

I was out on Wednesday for a night ride, I was well wrapped up apart from my ears, by god they were frozen by the end the time we made it back to the car!

No MTB for me this weekend, doing a trackday on the motorbike on Sunday instead, that’ll be cold!

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Might sneak in an hour on the road bike this afternoon, given that I’ve already worked about 60 hours this week.

nickc

Was out last night, and it was jeffing chilly, nice and hard though, which sort of makes up for it when your standing in shower screaming…..

binners

I rode last night. It was effing baltic!!!! It made the nice warm pub seem even more welcoming when I’d done though 😀

The conditions under my tyres were the best they’ve been for ages! Trails that you don’t sink in? Whatever next?

Yak

Just back in from a quick lunchtime spin. Great conditions, freezing cold, light snow in the air, but buff and almost dusty ground – v fast!

Soup and toast now.

toys19
    Free Member

I would, but recovering from flu..

Gary_M
    Free Member

Not riding today as going out straight from work. Commuted Monday – Thursday so I’ve already done 160 miles this week 🙂

Yesterday morning was the coldest with a low of -4. Its odd though my ears used to always get really cold, that horrible painful way, but they don’t anymore, I don’t even need to cover then now. Life is strange.

stevied
    Free Member

nice and hard though, which sort of makes up for it when your standing in shower screaming…..

hmmmm…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Couldn’t help noticing in my flickr stream tho that about this time last year we were riding in shirt sleeves!

I was last weekend!

Planning a long road ride to the sea tomorow as i’ve not done it for a few years, 110mile (plus inevitably getting lost). Not decided on layers yet, hopeing to get away with thin overshoes, roubaix longs, LS baselayer, long winter jersey and gillet. Does anyone make a winter-weight short sleved jersey to go with arm warmers?

mindmap3
    Free Member

Just got back from a cheeky lunch time road ride and I’m frozen! Properly cold, was fun though and dry. The wind is particularly evil though.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yes me, Amberly way on DrPs route..
    Flippin excellent, mighty cold, glad I loaded the embrocation.

svalgis
    Free Member

The snowmobile tracks are perfect and I’ve got my Soul dialled in to the point where I want to take it to bed every night.

Of course I rode today!

Alex

Solaris in the Malverns by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Well that was ace. Rock hard trails, nicked a couple of KoM’s off a mate so that was doubly satisfying. Especially as he was at work responding somewhat insultingly to my texts explaining how fantastic the trails were today. Honestly some people eh? 🙂

Loving that Solaris. It’s better than my c456 where I expected it to be, and much better where I expected it to be worse. Big grins in the singletrack and it flies as well. Even with me on it.

More tomorrow please. Mountain bikes rock.

stevied
    Free Member

Been itching to get up the hills for the last few days..maybe early Sunday if I’m lucky…

nickc

Al, those trails…gnarly 🙂

rocketman
    Free Member

Orsum today. If it wasn’t for the low temperatures and occasional snow flurries it was dry and dusty enough for Summer

simmy
    Free Member

Done 22 miles on the MTB this afternoon and the trails are mint, rock hard and almost dusty.

Was nearly crying at some points with the cold, despite having more layers than an onion and having my jeans with over trousers on ( I know 😳 )

Got in an hour ago and can just about feel my toes now.

Planning a Road ride to Blackpool tomorrow so better get some thicker socks I think.

slparsons
    Free Member

I went out and did just shy of 30 miles this afternoon, new Gore wind stopper trousers over the top of 3/4 bib tights, merino base layer, fleece and waterproof on top and a balaclava under my helmet, was toasty and quite enjoyed it.

Shows how the right gear helps and beats sitting around!

carlos
    Free Member

+Rocketman except no snow flurries in The Peak. 46km and 900odd metre’s of climbing and everywhere was frozen hard and riding fast. 🙂

simmy
    Free Member

I went out and did just shy of 30 miles this afternoon, new Gore wind stopper trousers over the top of 3/4 bib tights, merino base layer, fleece and waterproof on top and a balaclava under my helmet, was toasty and quite enjoyed it.

* grabs shopping list and heads out to Evans ready for tomorrow *

Sounds like good layering gonna have to give the Windproof stuff a try for definite.

mrelectric

Did two hours around Baildon Moor then bombing down to Shipley Glen coming back up along Baildon Bank. Cold easterly but warmed up quick with two layers. Ground brilliantly firm and mostly icey.

Only downside was some lads (!) have been digging jumps in the bellpits on the more near Glovershawre Quarry. We’ll have to have a gentle word ……

Joe

46KM in the peaks in this? Nails.

carlos
    Free Member

Joe – Member
    46KM in the peaks in this? Nails.

Lol, Not quite how my riding buddy put it and then he’s started work @ 17:00. Now THATS nails 😯

composite
    Free Member

It was chuffing cold Wednesday night when I was out. Was planning a bike packing trip for this weekend… now they are forecasting snow. 😐

sambob
    Free Member

Did 10 miles with 2000ft of climb to collect something, via some very frozen trails above Hayfield.

sargey

7 of us out last night around kinver then sat outsite the pub drinking timmy taylor landlord,it was a tad fresh though!

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘I am going outside, I may be some cold ;)’ is closed to new replies.