Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 298 total)
  • I am finally on the iDave diet
  • emsz
    Free Member

idave, I’m pulling your leg, I’m obsessing about lack of bristols again.

molgrips, if i was a few inches taller, I’d be a fashion wet dream, I’m a size 6, there was a thread no so long ago were some-ones thigh mesurement was more than my waist! If anything, I could do with putting on a few pounds, probably help with the above issue as well… 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I don’t even work in fashion.

yoshimi

I’d be a fashion wet dream, I’m a size 6

Is that equivalent to a US Size Zero?

iDave YGM

iDave
    Free Member

From the response, it seems like fatties will be in the minority on STW 😯

May need a new forum for non-sofa dwellers

molgrips
    Free Member

Had a small muffin this morning and some apple juice. Back on the wagon again tho at work with my cinnamon espresso.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m thinking I should get involved…

iLeftout.

iDave
    Free Member

your iDave-uDiet would need to be different TSY due to your training volume

just stay feeling left out, it’s for the best

molgrips
    Free Member

uDiet – I like. Are you calling me lazy, Dave? I’m not as committed as TSY?

Actually, he seems to be an exercise obsessed freak so maybe that’s fair 🙂

Not biked in this morning – not cos of diet based whinging or the fact it’s weeing down – I’m up for it, but my sodding lights have packed in 🙁 Grrr.

donsimon
    Free Member

Had a small muffin this morning and some apple juice. Back on the wagon again tho at work with my cinnamon espresso.

I had a quick w*** this morning, but don’t feel I need to tell the world about it……….

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Exercise obsessed… freak… seems a bit harsh!

Just you wait until my road bike turns up and I can start riding the 40mile roundtrip commute!

iDave
    Free Member

I had a quick w*** this morning, but don’t feel I need to tell the world about it……….

doh…

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

cinnamon espresso sounds lovely 🙂

yeti, what bike did you go for then?

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeti do you do you anything apart from exercise? If you keep this up you’ll be faster than me on a bike before long. Unless I drop 10kg on this diet.

Oh and yes, what road bike?

Btw as suggested I use about 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cinnamon in a double espresso instead of sugar – takes the edge off. And is apparently really good for you.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Genesis Equilibrium 20.

I figured I’d get something ideal for LEJOG, commuting, audax type stuff rather than a compromise.

Always leaves me an excuse to buy another bike at a later date 🙂

Molgrips… how do you know I’m not faster already? 🙂

Umm… I eat, go to work, date, ignore housework. Forgot my climbing kit so might take a night off… or do a kettle bell workout.

molgrips
    Free Member

Not a bad choice.. compact chainset?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I don’t even know what that means… it’s got white handlebars 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

mol you have no idea how fast yeti is! it’s intimidating 😯

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Shhh phil… I’ve got to meet people off this site on Sunday!

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

most important question is what colour is it?

i’ve been resting mostly this week for a race at the weekend, it is so nice not to have a huge mound of washing to do… worked out that in a normal week of work/6 days of exercise/going out, i can go through 3 sets of clothes a day 😯

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Haha… Same washing routine here… 2 sets of gym gear a day… swimming costume… work stuff. If I’m not going out in the evening… it’s straight into PJ’s, one less clothing change see!

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

nice, i like 🙂

i think we need someone to do our washing at the convent. i’m the same with the pjs though, anything to cut down on the washing!

two more days of rest, then an easy spin before the race…i’ll be climbing the walls by then!

molgrips
    Free Member

Phil, you have no idea how fast I am 🙂 I think he has youth on his side tho.

DGOAB what race are you doing?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I so need a rest! I just can’t do it though… I try, then just find myself at the gym.

A week on a beach is what I need. Just some casual swimming, maybe a gentle jog along the beach each morning…

I’m not sure whether the task of hand washing our discarded gym wear should be an honour for those at higher levels of enlightenment or a task for new members?

Molgrips… don’t think I’m that much younger than you.. 31.

molgrips
    Free Member

I thought you said you didn’t have an addictive personality?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

No not at all addictive… I mean… I hardly spend anytime on here as example…

molgrips
    Free Member

You do actually have a job, don’t you?

PS I am 35 – thought you were younger for some reason. Maybe it’s how you act on here 🙂

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

mol, i’m doing my first apr (australian pursuit race) on sunday. Its only 31miles but fast. Looking forward to it, but nervous about racing in a bunch. I’m an endurance rider/climber so will be interesting to see how i get on with such a short course. However I’m getting picked up at 6.45 AM on sunday, ffs!! 😡

I’m getting much better with resting these days – every 4th week is a tapering week with less miles/easier weights and extra rest days. I failed to rest yesterday, ended up doing hill reps trying to work out why my bike doesn’t feel good/isn’t working properly before sunday.

As for the washing, i think washing our lyrca would be an honour!

A week on the beach sounds perfect 🙂 i need some sunlight, been grey here for what seems like forever. 😥

molgrips
    Free Member

Where are you then DGOAB? Do Australian pursuit races happen in Australia?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Cool, when shall we go?

I’ve got a week booked off at the end of April… but I’m riding LEJOG.

Good luck with the race BTW, use your athletic endeavours to recruit more followers 🙂

You saying I come across as immature molgrips? How rude!

molgrips
    Free Member

Immature or youthful? You decide.

No races for me for a while I suspect.

alexxx
    Free Member

Alright Ladies!

It’ll be very interesting to see who sticks it out… all the people that have asked Dave and myself for a copy of the diet… post up your progress.

I did it for about 3/4 weeks the first time around and really enjoyed the experience of learning how to cook leaner meals with lots of variety.

Also it does make you realise how you take daily carb loading for granted and certainly consuming FAR more than you’ll need to.

Like I say it’ll be interesting to see if it has a longer term effect on anyone.

I broke 1 day after climbing up Coniston Old Man on very hot summery day with a bottle of water.. if I had taken nuts with me I probably wouldn’t have felt dizzy and kained 2 bars of flapjack at the bottom.
    Moral of the story always have healthy snacks on you!

If your a fatty bumbum stick with it.

However if your an average joe (6ft 12stone) with average will power I’d suggest trying as best you can but I would suggest from personal experience to drop a spud with tuna before exercise as I found even 10 miles on the road bike was 2x as hard from my usual iDave foodages (not a word but it should be).

molgrips
    Free Member

I have no scales so progress is going to be measured visually.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I’m in edinburgh, wish i was in australia though! Its been raining/foggy here all week, hoping for dry roads on sunday – no mudguards allowed so i’ll get covered in road grit from riders in front if its wet…although i will, of course, be leading the pack rather than sitting in/hanging off the back – as second in charge of the convent, i have standards to set!

I have millions of leave/flexi time, so can go anytime yeti! 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

molgrips:

Ok. Are you failing this impressively on purpose?

The Southern Yeti:
    I’m thinking I should get involved…

iLeftout.

As Dave said, given the volume of cardio work you seem to be doing and assuming you do not need to lose weight then stick to what you are doing currently.

Keva
    Free Member

Molgrips, if you’re really craving sugar and are feeling that ‘lack of sugar thirst’ try drinking fizzy water… it usally hits the spot ok.

Kev

alexxx
    Free Member

Or just admit to yourself that you aint doing the diet at all.

“The sum is greater than its parts”

so none of this dillydabbling.

iDave
    Free Member

I have just bought my food for Sundays 12 hour run…..

Scotch eggs, pork pies, almonds, chorizo….. will be including carbs (haribo, dried fruit) too as I’m just in it for fun and to see if I can last the duration

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Once you’ve been eating the way you have for a while, does your body adjust to less carbs? and would it still be possible to do a 12 hour run and perform well?

Jamie
    Free Member

Scotch eggs, pork pies, almonds, chorizo….. will be including carbs (haribo, dried fruit) too as I’m just in it for fun and to see if I can last the duration

Wot no Malt Loaf?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 298 total)

The topic ‘I am finally on the iDave diet’ is closed to new replies.