Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 298 total)
  • I am finally on the iDave diet
  • Stuey01
    Free Member

For all those wanting the plan why not use the site search.. or maybe someone’s got a link to the original thread.

I have, all you get is a load of references to the diet in peoples’ posts and not the original thread.

Jamie
    Free Member

Depends really. You can lose weight in a variety of ways. Depends on why you want to lose weight – if it’s alongside training for something else then the cardio may or may not be important for that.

For instance, I train for cycling, and for that I need to be lean, so the weight loss is a side requirement of cycling training.

Erm…what?

molgrips
    Free Member

Order by date in reverse order? Don’t forge to select forever rather than the last month, since it was a while ago.

Erm…what?

What what?

More than one way to skin a cat is what I am saying.

trickydisco
    Free Member

This is the 4 hour body cheat sheet

which I believe is very similar to the idave diet (Author of 4 hour body consulted idave)

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

iDave said this diet is good for getting to around 15% body fat. It wants to be less than this for cycling doesnt it?

molgrips
    Free Member

dt = troll again?

Interesting, tricky.. it says nuts are ok but roasted nuts not. I wonder why?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

dt = troll again?

No.

molgrips
    Free Member

Well bf can be anything of course.

Your power to weight ratio will determine how competitive you are. You could be chubby but immensely strong, and still be quick. Of course if that same person lost weight they’d be quicker still.

I think 6% is the minimum on health grounds.

You can still do fairly well in races whatever. Most people I seem to see doing well have what looks like less than 15% tho.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

it’s pretty effective for getting down to 12-14% fat, thereafter some juju is required.

Sorry, thats the quote I was looking for.

Also, that 4 hour thing says workout twice a week maximum. Not much use if your trying to get fit.

trickydisco
    Free Member

I think the 4 hour body states you only need to workout twice a week to achieve fat loss. lots of people following the diet are doing a lot more

molgrips
    Free Member

Diet needs to match the exercise you want to do innit.

I’m riding 200-250 miles a week and doing some other running and home weight based exercises, taking some carbs on board during that to help.

yesiamtom
    Free Member

The urge to troll this thread is immense.

But i must resist….MUST!

molgrips
    Free Member

It won’t work…

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

The urge to troll this thread is immense.

But i must resist….MUST!

I think they’ve all been exhausted on the other endless diet threads.

phil.w
    Free Member

comparing body fat one person to another is pointless unless your getting scaned with a DEXA or using hydrostatic weighing.

your better off charting your own weight / performance / body fat. do this over a period of time using the same methods to find ideal body composition.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I know one thing… home bodyfat scales are useless… I was measured professionally sometime ago… 14%… homescales 17-18%.

I’m a hell of a lot leaner now… homescales 19.5%.

molgrips
    Free Member

Agreed TSY.

molgrips
    Free Member

I am fairly tempted to take a before picture so I can do an after picture and post it up.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

DO IT!

Wozza
    Free Member

iDave, hook me up with a copy of your diet please.

I pioneered a technique called “Drinking a bottle of Jura and then spending the whole of the next day with serious shakes in the fetal position on the floor under a blanket” that worked well, I didn’t eat anything for 2 or 3 days but i’m not sure it’s a long term strategy.

Cheers

yoshimi

Has anyone bought that 4 hour body book?

I’m interested in recipes for the iDave diet.

I’m not very good at cooking so struggling to know what I’d do with pinto beans etc.

Any good iDave style recipe books out there?

molgrips
    Free Member

The original thread had stacks of recipes on it.

scruff
    Free Member

iDave remember to put on front brake rotor.

( Hes probabaly never even read a book never mind written several, probably in Welsh or something anyway.)

Keva
    Free Member

I am seriously craving some sweet liquid.. orange juice.. or even milk..

I feel full and yet hungry and unsatisfied at the same time. And very warm.

sugar addiction innit. tbh everyone is to certain extent. You’ll get used to not having it after a few days.

Kev

iDave
    Free Member

OK, I have time to bite now. This isn’t a ‘no carb’, or ‘low carb’ diet. it’s not a restrictive calorie diet either – it’s a low GI way of eating, with a few tweaks. The purpose is to manipulate insulin response to food thus altering fat storage and use.

It’s my belief that this way of eating results in safe and lasting fat loss and enough energy to undertake endurance training and events. Obviously different individuals require different tweaks depending on lifestyle but the diet as it has been sent out will help Mr and Mrs Average lose weight. One guy I work with has lost a stone in 5 weeks, never felt hungry or weak.

It may be counter intuitive, it may go against what you ‘think’ is right. The most highly respected exercise physiologist I know believes that half of his ‘knowledge’ is incorrect. He isn’t sure which half. Certainly if your negative opinion of this way of eating comes from what you may have read somewhere, good for you.

I would suggest that there is no need to drop below 10-12% for men, 15-17% for women, other than for elite sports performance or vanity.

GW
    Free Member

can someone post up the diet on this thread?

iDave
    Free Member

i’m not posting it on here and i’d appreciate it if no one else did. it’s now a small part of a paid for service the company I work for are offering so email me if you want a basic version.

GW
    Free Member

Ah.. ok sorry, Dave. Didn’t realise the reason you don’t posted it up.

iDave
    Free Member

just email me GW and i’ll send you a copy

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

idave, ygm 🙂

emsz
    Free Member

but it was tough and took a loooooooot of hours. The new diet promises to be lots easier, we’ll see

isn’t this pretty much how the entire diet industry works?

molgrips
    Free Member

I hope you don’t mind me discussing this stuff then iDave, what with it being a paid for service and all. I started the thread because it has previously been discussed a lot…

I suspect that our bodies adapt quite a lot to the food we end up eating, which is partly why people’s bodies vary. I used to eat a lot of carbs, thinking it was good fuel for biking and it is. However I think my body had come to depend on it and there were negative side effects. After reading about insulin it seems that its main role is to promote uptake of glucose by muscle tissue (that right?) which is good for getting fuel to your muscles during and after exercise. However it apparently has a role in fat deposition too, perhaps explaining why it was hard for me to lose weight.

I dunno. People reported different results on the diet when it came up before – some folk found it easy to adjust and had plenty of energy, some the opposite.

Tonight I caught the train most of the way home cos my lights had packed in. I must’ve ridden 10km at an easy pace and I am trashed tonight. I feel like I’ve been racing.

molgrips
    Free Member

The new diet promises to be lots easier, we’ll see

Maybe yes. But I believe iDave’s diet has more merit than some of the ones you can buy books about. Other books actually do work tho.

emsz
    Free Member

But I believe iDave’s diet has more merit than some of the ones you can buy books about.

s’up to you really, isn’t it?

Jamie
    Free Member

Send me a tenner and I will tell you.

iDave
    Free Member

The diet industry relies on regimes which are a short term fix (if they work) and a failure to educate their clients into permanent healthy eating practices – if everyone lost weight and kept it off they’d have no repeat business.

This ‘diet’ is something I’ve used personally, I use with my clients and I’m happy to share for free to a limited extent. It’s how I will eat for good, rather than how I’ll eat just to try and lose weight. It’s not all my idea, it’s a conglomeration of thinking from various sources and studies.

Stuey01
    Free Member

thanks for the email iDave. I’ll have a read, just as soon as I finish this pizza…

emsz
    Free Member

idave, any diets for gaining weight in two very specific areas?

molgrips
    Free Member

s’up to you really, isn’t it?

Well a lot of people on here tried it and had good results, and iDave seems to know his stuff in other areas.

Emsz.. you know the female body image industry is just as bad as the diet industry of which you are critical 🙂

iDave
    Free Member

idave, any diets for gaining weight in two very specific areas?

Derby and Scunthorpe?

There are exercises that can help – email me with some specifics so I don’t assume anything….

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 298 total)

The topic ‘I am finally on the iDave diet’ is closed to new replies.