Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • I am feeling very sleepy!
  • SaxonRider

I am currently in a meeting and literally struggling to stay awake. Problem is, I’m very exposed, so daren’t let my eyes close!

wwaswas

Jamie
    Free Member

The other participants are not alert enough to see you surreptitiously post on STW, so I reckon you’re good to snooze.

scotroutes

Hold a pen in your hand. Hold your hand down by your side. When your fingers relax to much you’ll drop the pen and that will wake you up.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Put your head in your hands, close your eyes and pretend to sob quietly.

If any one asks what’s wrong, tell them you’re grieving for Joe Cocker.

tomhoward

I’ve to put some eye drops in every hour at the moment.

EVERY hour.

I haven’t had more than 55 minutes sleep in one go for 2 days (12 to go) Anyone pulls me up for being asleep, they’re gonna get punched. But not very hard. Because zzzzzzzz

P-Jay
    Free Member

Time was in your shoes I’d excuse myself to use the loo and chop a line out.

These days I’m more likely to involve myself more in the meeting and get it moving on, I hate meetings – they usually a total waste of time and money.

jekkyl

yup, enagage with the meeting more, that’ll wake you up.
    also, take many short shallow breaths in quick succession. or put your head in your hands and pretend to look at the paper in front of you on the desk and close your eyes for a bit.

funkmasterp

Just put forward the idea that power naps in works time increase productivity and then offer to demonstrate.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Jump on to the desk and bellow “I AM SAXON RIDER…..AND I’M TIRED OF ALL THIS SHIT!!”

Pretty sure that, shortly thereafter, someone will suggest that perhaps it might be appropriate if you went and had a wee lie down for a while.

Goal achieved.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

I’m trying to picture Saxon like this and then I went through the entire church sequence!

Kryton57

When this happened to me I find making an visit to the loo and splashing cold water on my face works.

finbar
    Free Member

Oh I’ve been there. Are there biscuits? Inhale some of those and the sugar will perk you up.

jekkyl

aww richard briers. 🙁 ‘oh Margot’

pocpoc
    Free Member

Just fall asleep. If anyone questions you then make it their fault for making the meeting boring and pointless.

swavis

I take it he’s nodded off then?

shermer75
    Free Member

I haven’t had more than 55 minutes sleep in one go for 2 days (12 to go)

Why?

tomhoward

Because I have to put an eye drop in every hour. I find that to do stuff, it’s better if I’m awake

funkmasterp

I find that to do stuff, it’s better if I’m awake

Your just talking crazy now. That’ll be the lack of sleep 😉

theotherjonv

supposedly if you massage your earlobes (hard, like so they hurt a bit) then it stimulates blood flow to the head and brain.

You may look as stupid as falling asleep though.

SaxonRider

Well I made it through. Thanks for the distraction. Of course, in all that time, the only moment a single word was directed my way and I was smiling at some of the responses on here. 😳

At least my eyes were open.

On a slightly separate, more scientific, note: I am interested in what actually happens when you start shutting down. Because when I opened this thread to see the responses, it was like a gentle electric shock to my brain and I lost that overwhelming desire to fall asleep. Weird.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘I am feeling very sleepy!’ is closed to new replies.