Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • I am extremely cross
  • molgrips
    Free Member

F’in stupid windows live support refused to let me back into my account despite providing all the information I could think of pertaining to the only two Windows Live services they care about (ie the two I hardly ever use) and simply providing automatic script responses.

Because of this, molgrips@hotmail.com which I’ve had for over a decade is now defunct. So all my messenger and hotmail stuff out of the window (I did use it occasionally). I’ve got a paypal account linked to it. I’ve also got a truckload of sensitive information stored on Live Mesh that’s also goign to be sitting in limbo for ever.

Very f**kin unhappy about that.

And I can’t even email them about it – I can ‘talk’ to supposedly real people but all I get is script responses that don’t actually reply to my questions.

allthepies
    Free Member

Sacked off Micro$oft services (specifically Hotmail) years ago when all the flashing ads hacked me off. Google may be slightly evil but I like their gmail service 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Is it worth going out on a limb and writing a physical letter?

Microsoft Limited
    Microsoft Campus
    Thames Valley Park
    Reading
    Berkshire
    RG6 1WG
    UNITED KINGDOM

Phone: (+44) 0844 800 2400
    Fax: (+44) 0870 60 20 100

Conqueror
    Free Member

is no backup email configured to send the password reminder to?

a lot of accounts have that option now, and you may have been asked to enter a backup email for this very situation at some point

that information should not be held forever, but saying that, you’re never sure if people do implement the law 😕

failing the above you could phone up ms and give them a hard time?

just get hold of their number and breathe fire down the phone 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I have had the backup emails yes. The issue is that I chose a security question to which I cannot remember the answer, or the answer may have changed.

Do they actually have phone support?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I had a similar problem a year back. For some reason my password stopped working, all the reset bollocks failed to work. They were asking me the answer to my secret question, but not telling me what the question was etc. Left it a month and went back to it and it worked again.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I chose a security question to which I cannot remember the answer, or the answer may have changed

WOW you IT professionals really know how to be secure 😯

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

YGM!

Oh…

iDave
    Free Member

The issue is that I chose a security question to which I cannot remember the answer, or the answer may have changed.

So are you extremely cross with Microsoft or yourself?

molgrips
    Free Member

Hmm.. interesting.

Forgetting the password was the weird part – it’s saved on all the computers I used, and I’m pretty sure I knew what it was.

WOW you IT professionals really know how to be secure

I’m a programmer not a security expert, and I set this up before I was a professional anything 🙂

So are you extremely cross with Microsoft or yourself?

Both. Initially myself, but now MS since they’ve ignored all the perfectly reasonable information I sent them.

Conqueror
    Free Member

Junkyard

there is was a chain of trust 😯

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/security/microsoft-warns-fraudulent-digital-certificates-issued-for-high-value-websites/8488?tag=content;search-results-rivers

Microsoft today warned that Comodo has issued nine fraudulent digital certificates to a third party whose identity could not be sufficiently validated, a scenario that could allow attackers to spoof content, perform phishing attacks, or perform man-in-the-middle attacks against all Web surfers.

According to the Microsoft advisory, the fraudulent

Web certificates affect the Microsoft Live service, Google’s mail system, Yahoo and Skype log-ins.

login.live.com
    mail.google.com
    http://www.google.com
    login.yahoo.com (3 certificates)
    login.skype.com
    addons.mozilla.org
    “Global Trustee”

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘I am extremely cross’ is closed to new replies.