Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • I am a very, very lucky man (new bike)
  • bearnecessities

Short story is I had a firesale to fund deposit for my first house, which all being well completes this Thursday.

This involved selling all my bikes, including my immaculate RC200 which I swore I would never sell….and then sold. I was so, so annoyed at myself for that, like really annoyed, but I convinced myself I had to get some perspective.

However, today I picked up my ‘new’ bike from a very nice young chap, who works at a big chain bike shop and has clearly maintained this thing to a stupidly high standard. Somehow, I always seem to land on my feet when buying bikes.

I don’t know what planet he lives on to sell me it for the price he did, but thank you Martin for going to a 29er and giving me my own wheels again.

I think it’s bloody lovely.

Bregante

Immaculate that mate. Very nice indeed.

cheese@4p

Lovely looking bike. Good on you.

righog
    Free Member

It Looks great Bear, Now go and get it dirty 😀

dirtyrider
    Free Member

that not maintained, thats unused

seavers
    Free Member

Firstly, nice bike! Congrats on your first house too! You may find that a house eats into your bike budget somewhat but there is always a way 😉

woody2000

Looks fast, enjoy 🙂

bearnecessities

Hi Russ 😀

..and yes, I thought it looked fast too. It actually looks a little daunting!

mrblobby
    Free Member

including my immaculate RC200 which I swore I would never sell….and then sold

Madness!

lesgrandepotato

That is simply spoinking.

mikey3
    Free Member

Best looking bike I’ve seen for awhile.

chojin
    Free Member

8)

matt_outandabout

Looks whoooosh….fast 8)

bearnecessities

Madness!

Tell me about it. Perfect bike, truly immaculate and kitted out in top stuff too. However, it went to a guy that had been searching for an immaculate RC200 for some years, so I’m slightly appeased by the fact it has gone to a good home…..but only slightly!

I’m not an overly emotional guy, but I was genuinely upset at selling that bike.

However, this new one has dragged me out of my retro-issues, with its tapered head-tube, poplock forks and frankly, I do think it is quite a looker!

bigG
    Free Member

Your door mat is squint and you should switch off your power sockets.

Seriously and jealously, ,, it’s a cracking bike.

aracer
    Free Member

Rocket Rons? Careful now.

(actually I’d expect quite a lot of RR shod 26ers to be for sale by people buying 29ers).

codybrennan
    Free Member

My god. Its like NOS.

mike_p
    Free Member

Lose the MBUK chainslap johnny, because damn…. it’s not a sarcin (sic) man!

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s got an MBUK emblazoned chain stay protector on it, there for it fails to be a looker 😆

northernmatt

Not my cup of tea but still looks good.

Congrats on the new house as well, just been through the same thing but somehow managed increase the number of bikes I have by 1.

bearnecessities

It’s got an MBUK emblazoned chain stay protector on it, there for it fails to be a looker

I know, I’m genuinely torn what to do about that!

smcicr
    Free Member

Not read the latest STW bike picture review technique memo but am surprised nobody has pulled the OP up for what appears to be a yellow rubber ducky on the floor yet. Equally, it may look fast but it’s going nowhere without pedals.

Congrats BTW – on the bike and the house 😉

khani
    Free Member

Nice bike.. 😀

I know, I’m genuinely torn what to do about that!

Turn it inside out..

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Plant could do with a feed and more light.

Congrats on finding the bike! minter!

PiknMix
    Free Member

Beautiful bike! Also gives me hope, I sold all my bikes at the end of last year, I’ve not got the £ to replace even one of them yet, but when I do I will hopefully have something as nice as that.

cheez0
    Free Member

You bin sold a duffer.. no pedals.

tmb467
    Free Member

Nice one fella – very pleased for you

Look forward to seeing it out at some point

bearnecessities

Plant: Practically dead.
    Pedals: Agreed, a bit of an issue.
    Duck: I actually have no idea where this fella came from!

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘I am a very, very lucky man (new bike)’ is closed to new replies.