Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • I am a Bad Husband
  • nbt

Today is our 10th wedding anniversary. I remembered, as always, and bought a nice card: before I went out to work I left it in a place such that my wife would find it when she rose

I didn’t bring home any flowers or any other present, and we are not going out for a meal tonight, nor are we going on any kind of mini break

I am a Bad Husband

dobo
    Free Member

not too late to fix it or for your misuss to find another

labsey
    Free Member

Schoolboy error.

At least you didn’t leave her at home to go riding.

igrf
    Free Member

What nice surprise did she prepare for you as gratitude for ten years of your life.

Why is it always the perogative of the detainee to appear to be grateful?

Alex

I bought my wife a sports car. So I’m inclined to agree with you 😉

yetidave
    Free Member

At least you didn’t leave her at home to go riding.

probably what she was doing whilst you were at work though… 😉

andywoods
    Free Member

surely your love is all she will need?…… because by the sounds of it its all she`s going to get….. have to be honest my and my other half only ever get cards for each other, we both decided several years ago if we want something we just go get it anyway.. none of the tight northerner jokes please.

andyruss
    Free Member

Andywoods+1 ,cards only if the kids remind

timbur
    Free Member

What did she get YOU?

druidh
    Free Member

Just another day for us really. I guess we might do something special if it ever gets to 25 years 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Love is the only gift you need to give and receive. (I’m a soppy sod)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d have to say that’s pretty poor 😐

But you did sand and varnish a floor. 😀

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Nowt ‘appens in our ‘ouse. Birthday, Xmas, Anniversary….nope, nowt.

Bought ‘er flowers twice in 20 years, once she thought she was dead and t’other time she thought I was having an affair!

Cougar

You could impress her with your cunning linguist skills later?

Old romantic, me.

Bunnyhop

Ha ha,
    I am the wife and yes DD he did indeed sand the floor (it’s still not varnished yet).
    We are also tight Northerners and don’t normally buy gifts, however this year is the big 10.

Would love to buy hubby a gift, however atm business (self employed) is only pootling along, so no extra money for anything other than the basics.

Alex – Will you marry me? 😉

Trekster

Just another day for us really. I guess we might do something special if it ever gets to 25 years

We had a fortnight in Barbados.
    Watched Concorde take off on the way to the airport for flight home the taxi had to stop on the access road parallel to the runway as it also ran along the end of said runway and the taxi would have been toasted by the planes engines when they lit up for takeoff :P. It was also very noisey ❗

boxfish
    Free Member

Bought my girlfriend a diamond eternity ring for our 10 year anniversary. She didn’t even realise it had been 10 years. 😀

ratherbeintobago

Last year, I forgot (3 years). Won’t be doing that again.

Andy

theotherjonv

My 12th on Sunday. I’ve always been shite with presents, in fact i even chose ‘Flowers’ by Wendy Cope as my wedding reading for my wife, which sums up our viewpoint on presents.

Flowers
    Some men never think of it.
    You did. You’d come along
    And say you’d nearly brought me flowers
    But something had gone wrong.

The shop was closed. Or you had doubts –
    The sort that minds like ours
    Dream up incessantly. You thought
    I might not want your flowers.

It made me smile and hug you then.
    Now I can only smile.
    But, Look, the flowers you nearly bought
    Have lasted all this while

That said:

12th is Silk, and 13th is Lace, so i’m hoping to find something nice to unwrap from the wife 😉

Most likely it’ll be a card.

Bunnyhop

10 years apparently = tin or aluminum. Goody a new bike then 😉

JoeG
    Free Member

^^^ Tinfoil hat = cheaper.

TiRed

Anniversary is normally a day off from work for me and a nice day out without the kids, typically involving lunch out and a National Trust visit.

And flowers. And yes you are a bad husband.

scaled
    Free Member

You saving the pennies for the titanium anniversary ntb?

Rod

Are Dutch ovens made of tin?

DT78
    Free Member

We take it in turns to organise a surprise for each other.

This year was the wifes turn – trip to london, walk over the millennium dome, evening meal in the oxo tower, nice spa hotel. All very nice (wasn’t too impressed with the oxo tower but didn’t say anything…)

My turn next year. Already plotting (and saving)

marsdenman
    Free Member

now i’not normally good at these things, and my grammar / punctuation is about to be picked upon but….

I left it in a place such that my wife would find it when she rose

you see, there is the problem, had you left the card for mrs nbt to find when she arose you would not be reporting Bad Husband status …. 😉

Seriously though – Hugs to you both on the big 10 🙂

Bunnyhop

Rod – Member

Are Dutch ovens made of tin? 😆

Marsdenman – I think he wrote rose on purpose to wind me up. Roses are my favourite flower you see.

Thanks for the hug.

ourmaninthenorth

Julian & Jane – congratulations!

Jane – have a small job for you. Will email. Tom

druidh
    Free Member

You took your wife up the oxo tower and you weren’t impressed?

theotherjonv

Anniversary is normally a day off from work for me and a nice day out without the kids,

Given that our anniversary is to celebrate our marriage, and we’re both of the opinion that by far the best part of our 12 years of marriage is our two kids, we’d never celebrate an anniversary without them; We’ll have a nice tea out for all of us on sunday.

[At the same time I accept that there’s more to being married than kids, and t’wife and I do make the effort to do stuff together without them too. But not on an anniversary day]

Carbis

What about that secret surprise you have planned for later in the year?

Anyway women do forget too. One wedding anniversary, my dad came home with a nice bottle of wine, put it in the fridge to chill and my mum asked “Why is there wine in the fridge, we don’t have wine on a Wednesday”, my dad replied “we do when it’s our anniversary”.

My wife got me tickets for the track cycling in Glasgow this year, I got her a GPS for her bike…previous years have included merino wool socks (for me) and XT shifters for her…I seem to alternate between buying her bike presents and girlie presents atm.

Hints have already been made by her about a new soft shell for the winter.

samuri
    Free Member

There are still petrol stations and off-licenses open to ensure you can meet your expected standards. 😉

I like prentending I’ve forgotten, and then SURPRISE! You’ve got some tickets to see Strickly come dancing at the M.E.N (which has rachel stephens in it)

samuri
    Free Member

Oh, and congrats both. 😉

jon1973
    Free Member

We always book our anniversary off and go out somewhere for the day. No cards, no presents, no flowers.

slackman99
    Free Member

I presume you rectified this by doing something nice when you got home….oh wait, instead of trying to back pedal you hit up the Singletrack massive…..did that also go down well 🙂

seadog101

Thankfully, Mrs Seadog will buy anything she deires when it is needed, and book times away when we can afford the cost/time.

This means I am at a constant loss as to what to get her for birthday/xmas/annivers.. She understands this and expects nothing for me apart from the soppy love/commitment stuff

totalshell

i ve just realised our tenth anniversary was in April.. still she didnt mention it…

JoeG
    Free Member

^^^ Oh, she knew. And she is just waiting to see how long it takes for you to realize…

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Bunnyhop – Member
    Alex – Will you marry me?

Get in the queue, I spotted him first. 😀

Oh, congrats Jane you’d get a medal or at least a certificate for such dedicated service in any other role. 😉

Bunnyhop

Jane – have a small job for you. Will email. Tom

Brilliant Tom. Hope you’re feeling better too.

Thanks for the congratulations everyone.
    Today has been very nice indeed. Woken up very early by our nephew, the 3 of us went out on a rocky, hilly, longish mtb ride, with only one otb moment when my nephew went down quite a steep embankment off a piece of dh singletrack, lucky it was a soft moss covered landing. Home for tea.

nbt has mentioned going to the pub, so that’s tonight sorted.

Here’s to the next 10 years and yes I have forgotten in the past, however 10 years (as Roger so rightly points out) needs a medal (him more than me) 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘I am a Bad Husband’ is closed to new replies.