Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • I agree with Gove shocker!!!!
  • wingnuts
    anagallis_arvensis

Ggive a mokey a typewriter

matt_outandabout

Good to see he is focusing on the issues that matter most in improving learning.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So you agree with Grove that the disproportionate amount of former Eton pupils reflects the failure of state eduction ?

I thought it reflected the fact that the Tories are the party of wealth and privilege.

And that people who should know better willingly vote for them.

anagallis_arvensis

Looks like a monkey did my last post! I was fighting off a three yearold at the time.
    Goves only doing it to attack his leadership rival.

boxelder

Ggive a mokey a typewriter

Which ape typed that
    😉
    Edit – too slow

anagallis_arvensis

To be fair ernie I couldnt be arsed to read the whole thing, glad he got a dig in at state education. How long till it starts looking like it could be his fault?

antigee

took Gove quite some time to work that one out – could have said that on day one he joined the cabinet

edit to be fair might have being thinking maybe i can have some impact on this class skewed government – to be rational he was a raving tory lunatic already and still is

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Quite alarming IMO that the people shaping the future of the country could not have had a more atypical British upbringing

ninfan
    Free Member

There is hope though:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/mar/14/bez-happy-mondays-stand-parliament-salford

He pledged to end the current banking system, redistribute wealth, and promote a more sustainable environment. and the keen beekeeper said he also hopes to “end illness” and “get everybody back to an alkaline state”.

(People of Salford – make this happen!)

colournoise

As much as Gove worries me (I’m a teacher), fair play to him for sending his daughter to a state comprehensive (albeit a C of E selective one).

gogg
    Free Member

Anyone got a room to rent in Salford so I can get on the electoral roll??

mattsccm
    Free Member

“Quite alarming IMO that the people shaping the future of the country could not have had a more atypical British upbringing “
    Is the typical Brit much use at deciding what is good for the country? As the lefties would say, most people voted for the current lot and yet they condemn it . ???? surely as most people wanted it it must be best.
    And don’t harp on about proportional representation as even the commies don’t want that.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Is the typical Brit much use at deciding what is good for the country?

No! Of course not……that’s why Old Etonians were born to rule!

Eton boys are taught they were born to rule

Quote :

A question from the King’s Scholarship Examination, sat by boys aged 12, is instructive. It is titled “Concerning Cruelty and Clemency, and Whether It is Better To Be Loved Than Feared”, and follows a passage of Machiavelli.

It reads: “The year is 2040. There have been riots in the streets of London after Britain has run out of petrol because of an oil crisis in the Middle East.

“Protesters have attacked public buildings. Several policemen have died. Consequently, the Government has deployed the Army to curb the protests. After two days the protests have stopped but 25 protesters have been killed by the Army.

“You are the Prime Minister. Write the script for a speech to be broadcast to the nation in which you explain why employing the Army against violent protesters was the only option available to you and one which was both necessary and moral.”

Were you a King’s Scholarship boy mattsccm ?

And don’t harp on about proportional representation as even the commies don’t want that.

The Communist Party position on electoral reform has been unchanged since 1944, when Willie Gallacher submitted the party’s proposals to the Speaker’s conference on the subject — although it has been questioned and debated during the intervening period.

Gallacher proposed lowering the voting age to 18, fairer constituency boundaries and abolition of special university and business votes. He also put forward multi-member constituencies using the single transferable vote (STV) form of proportional representation, which is the system currently in operation in Ireland.

http://tinyurl.com/qcg6kdv

cheekyboy
    Free Member

As much as Gove worries me (I’m a teacher), fair play to him for sending his daughter to a state comprehensive (albeit a C of E selective one).

Before you start praising that twerp, may I suggest a bit of background research !

http://www.gch.org.uk/

Selectively middle class affluent imo

julianwilson
    Free Member

An easy way to spot that a state school might have pretensions of selectivity is to try and kit your child out as cheaply as possible within their rules. Gove’s daughter’s school blazer alone is £65-85 depending on size and it’s unique, ie you can’t just buy any old grey blazer. Summer dress and blouse are similarly unique and similarly expensive.

(fwiw some such ‘uniform-as-stealth-riff-raff-filter’ schools allow hand me downs between siblings but no second-hand. This one seems to allow both..)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘I agree with Gove shocker!!!!’ is closed to new replies.