Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • I’m looking for the Adventure Show Highland Audax episode from 2014…
  • colin9

A fairly long shot, but…

Does anybody have a copy of the Adventure Show programme Sore in the Saddle, shown on BBC 2 Scotland, 9th December 2014 (I think). It follows the Highlands, Glens and Western Isles Audax, where riders complete 1,300km in 100 hours up the west coast of Scotland.

I can only find a trailer online not the full episode but I remember it was an inspiring programme. I’m busy convincing a friend of mine that this will be a great ride for us in 2017!

colin9

Evening bump. Anyone?

StirlingCrispin

If no one comes up trumps drop me an email and I’ll get it for you from my “contact” at the BBC.

Email in profile.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    matt_outandabout

Message the Adventure Show on facebook, they are helpful…

colin9

Ah thanks chaps. I’ll try the Adventure Show on Facebook first.

scruff9252

I hear there may be a torrent online if you were so inclined..

andytk
    Free Member

Seems to be available on DVD here (Sore in the Saddle): http://www.stridingedge.com/2015/14.html

dawson

I’ve got it – mail in profile – i’ll sort it tomorrow night

colin9

Thanks guys, as usual STW has the answer.
    Dawson, I’ll mail you.

pete68
    Free Member

Are you doing it then colin9?

MoreCashThanDash

It used to be on YouTube – one of the audax crowd uploaded it. Not sure my phone and connection will enable me to search at the moment

colin9

I’m hoping to do it, I’ll decide later in the year once I’ve ridden a few more long days in the saddle. It works out at about 300km per day for 4 days so I need to be confident I can at least have a good shot at it.
    I do have permission from the wife but I don’t want to ride it alone so I need to finish convincing one of my riding buddies, (I think he’s about 50% so far).
    Cycling up the coast of Scotland would be a glorious adventure!

pete68
    Free Member

Colin9, watch out the event doesn’t sell out . The original date on the Monday sold out really quickly. The second start on the Tues has been for sale for ages now and must be filling up. I’m down to start on the Tuesday but I’ve also got a place on the transcontinental race since so not sure I’ll be doing it anyway.

scotroutes

He’s talking about 2017

In any case, why not just do it as a tour? The roads are the same and you can make it as challenging as you want by pre-booking accommodation.

colin9

2017. I’m busy this July.
    Apparently since the programme it’s been a busy event, although there have been quite a few people signing up and not turning up which is understandable really as it’s quite an undertaking.
    I like the camaraderie of audaxing, you come across people every now and then and you know you’re all suffering the same.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘I’m looking for the Adventure Show Highland Audax episode from 2014…’ is closed to new replies.