Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Hyundais, any good as cars
  • project
    Free Member

5 year warranty, cheap, and soon to be fleet cars for the local Police, and it seems as if there is upset as theyre losing Fords and Vauxhalls.

So are they good as cars, and does the warranty mean more than words on paper, if i get one.

Cougar

Dunno how good they are as cars, but they’re piss poor as tennis racquets.

bol

Very good by most accounts. A bit “white goods” in that they’re not terribly exciting, but very proficient and reliable. The warrantee should be fine as long as you meet the service intervals etc.

tthew

I’ve had a couple if i30’s as hire cars. Not as nice inside as Kia Ceed’s, and they have a 7 year warrantee. Nothing exactly bad about them though.

Bregante

Cougar – Member
    Dunno how good they are as cars, but they’re piss poor as tennis racquets.

😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

Ill never have one again !

Look carefully at the warrenty kia want you to take out their careplan to keep the full 7 year warrenty – if you dont you get the standard minimum warrenty unless i read the t and c wrong as i fancied a small one for the mrs but ended up going for a cheap used golf

andrewh
    Free Member

I have an 8 yrs old petrol Trajet.
    Very dull to drive, suspension seems to be both a bit hard and a bit wallowy at the same time.
    Genuine parts are expensive (think £800 for middle section of exhaust pipe with cat) After-market alternatives are available (£170 for same)
    Quite thirsty (28mpg)
    Terrible to drive on snow/ice. May be down to rubbish tyres. ABS is far to keen to come on at the slightest provocation.
    Same issues as with any large MPV really. Actually found it nicer to drive than an Espace, don’t know why they are so popular.
    I have done 20k miles in mine (92 on the clock now) and it has never broken down on me so I’m happy with that. Quite fond of it in odd sort of way.
    Would I buy another Hyundai? Yes, if the newer ones drink less.

voodoo_chile

Liverpool using them as police cars now

trail_rat
    Free Member

Maybe i should clairfy 00 lantra 1.6i

My ecu fried at 44k – expensive

Went through 2 steering racks while we owned it ( bought new by parents and i got it at 42k ) which turn out to be down to an alloy wheel with an enlarged holes in which hyundai did replace the wheel in the end.

Uaed odd sized expensive tires

Exhausts are expensive and there isnt always a pattern part for whats broken…

Hgf and clutch failure at 66k

– no other car me or my family have ever owned had a hgf or clutch failure ever – even with cars having done up to 250k

Anna-B
    Free Member

Had i20 on long term rental for about 6 months until a couple of weeks ago. I liked it – though a squeaky clutch and vibration at just under 2k revs – parents also have i20 and had exactly the same faults. So – maybe certain aspects of build quality iffy. Was getting about 45 mpg (petrol) mostly A road driving.

Now have a Fiesta though, and prefer handling/build. Given the choice I’d buy one of these, though i20 a good second.

2hottie
    Free Member

Lancs Police use them now, I30 tourer’s. They went for these over the 1 series BMW and the BMW’s were cheaper and better integrated with the equipment required.

allthepies
    Free Member

Look carefully at the warrenty kia want you to take out their careplan to keep the full 7 year warrenty – if you dont you get the standard minimum warrenty unless i read the t and c wrong

I believe you did indeed read the T’s & C’s incorrectly.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Well its very badly written to try and get you to buy their careplan…….

househusband

My commute is 90miles/day and my i30, which I bought when I knew I’d be facing that commute, has excelled. It’s just a car at the end of the day but at least one that has been utterly reliable, was a bargain to buy (was pre-registered and got it for £9k plus my 9yo Yaris) and will be covered by the warranty for another two and a half years. The level of kit is sublime for a base model.

My wife has a Kia Sorento (she’s a competetive horserider so tows regularly) and that has been a similar story.

As bol says, quite succintly, it’s kinda ‘white goods’.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hyundais, any good as cars’ is closed to new replies.