Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hyundai Tucson.
  • dantsw13

I’m looking at a S/H Hyundai Tucson as my bike car. 2005 and 70k for about £3000. Anyone on here drive one?

spacemonkey1
    Free Member

My dad had one. Not a bad car when it running but cost a packet when you need parts.

bgd
    Free Member

I have a 57 plate. It’s a good family/dog/bike/camping car. Spacious inside a feels solid despite lots of plastic. No major problems in two years of ownership. Not particularly exciting but I guess it’s not supposed to be, getting about 35mpg across town to work and back, maybe 40ish on a long run.

CheesybeanZ

Iirc there was a model update/change in 05 , the earlier model had a few issues but nothing major .

martymac

wifes pal has one, nice place to sit, feels decent to drive (she says)
    has cost a fair wedge at every mot though, a lot more than either of our cars.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Most of the ones I’ve encountered on the bike or driving seem to be driven by angry dicks. They either carve you up on the bike or tailgate you on the motorway.

dantsw13

I’ll try to be more considerate, Bigyinn!!

lovewookie

I have a 06 plate with similar mileage to the one the OP is looking at.

It’s not bad, bit Tonka looking, AWD/4WD thingy helps in winter, tyres are about normal cost, VED is a lot but fuel consumption s OK for a big car.
    servicing from near new is a PITA as it’s expensive.
    so far we’ve had:
    timing belt change@ £800
    new flywheel @>£1k
    various knocks and mumblings normally don’t expect any change out of £500 per service.

to my mind it’s expensive and wouldn’t get one again, but we’re going to keep hold of it until it dies properly, which at this rate may be about a year as it’s now developed a whining noise after the new timing belt.

we don’t kill cars, I have a 54 plate kangoo van that’s only had to have a new fuel pump. none of my cars previously have been such a hassle.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Sounds like the belt tension is either too tight or one of the idler bearings for the belt is knackered. I would get that checked out quick sharp.

andyl
    Free Member

^ ditto.

Did they do a full timing belt kit (idlers, water pump, belt etc)?

PePPeR

I’d agree about the belt being over tensioned! I had my Kia (same company), blow a belt 5000 miles after it being changed, it cost me over 2300 Euro, ruined our summer holiday and the car was stuck in France for 4 months! Never break down in August in France!

lovewookie

It’s going in today.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hyundai Tucson.’ is closed to new replies.