Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Hypothetically speaking…
  • johndoh
    Free Member

(I ask because I had a dream last night in which this happened).

Are you committing an offence by drinking a can of beer whist driving (assuming you stay under the legal limit) other than driving without due care?

legend
    Free Member

Yes

P.S. the “dream” excuse is almost as bad as “I’ve got a mate who…” 😉

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I believe you would be committing an offence to be driving with an open container of alcoholic drink anywhere in the vehicle.

This may not be the case, I am not the fuzz.

MSP

I am pretty sure there is not an “open container law”.

spawnofyorkshire

if there is an open container law then my mate in the fuzz breaks that quite often when being driven to weekends away

matt_outandabout

Jondoh is Wayne and I collect my £5.

breadcrumb

Wasn’t there a women caught drinking a better whilst driving recently but she was under the limit and wasn’t charged with anything?

nealglover
    Free Member

I believe you would be committing an offence to be driving with an open container of alcoholic drink anywhere in the vehicle.

If you are American or in America, you are correct.

Otherwise. No 😉

bearnecessities

I love a shandy bass on my evening commute.

nealglover
    Free Member

Very rare to get a definitive answer posted on the first page of any thread.

Even rarer when the thread is about driving, or drinking 🙂

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

At the risk of being shunned as a moron….

What’s the issue if you are under the limit? Personally I wouldn’t drink a drop then drive, but those that are happy to have a unit or so and stay under the limit then why does it matter where they do it?

Given that alcohol is going to take a while to get into the bloodstream (and therefor impair judgement), isn’t it better to do it whilst driving than prior to?

njee20
    Free Member

Wasn’t there a women caught drinking a better whilst driving recently but she was under the limit and wasn’t charged with anything?

Yes, there was, 3 weeks ago. Uproar on both sides.

Personally I think, letter of the law, they’ve not committed an offence. It’s stupid, but not illegal.

thomthumb
    Free Member

my mate used to drink lots of caffine free coke (gold cans)

and got pulled a lot – police admitted that they thought it was superstrength lager.

matt_outandabout

a shandy bass

I feel quite thirsty all of a sudden. Is it Friday lunchtime? 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Hypothetically speaking…’ is closed to new replies.