Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Hyena up an elephant's sphincter
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not only the finest thread title ever to appear on STW (Perhaps…!) but also….

Did anyone else watch this last night?
    http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-elephant-life-after-death

Fascinating TV, I thought. Not for the faint hearted or squeamish, mind you, especially the approach of the first hyena on the scene….

derp
    Free Member

Not only the finest thread title ever to appear on STW (Perhaps…!) but also….

Oh you modest devil you!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It was good, yes, but I get the feeling that they were disappointed the lions didn’t turn up for a nibble!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thanks flasher, this appears to be “must watch” tv.

roper
    Free Member

It was a great program (though a missed opportunity for some lovely wild baboon tarantulas).
    There is nothing finer than the beauty of nature even when something dies. The first place others look to eat…..mouth, genitals and arsehole 🙂

I hope they do more though, one in the rain forest, on the beach or in an ocean, mountain et cetera.

brakes
    Free Member

it was pretty cool, but I didn’t like the presenter much or the wide-mouthed expert (I thinks it’s the Attenbrough affect)
    what was the rare mammal that came at night and was eating maggots? was it a sivit or a sibbit?

Mowgli
    Free Member

Civit cat?

(not actually a cat)

dirtyrider
    Free Member

i think they interfered too much, they let the insect expert in and also chased the lion, not sure why they couldn’t just film and watch,

brakes
    Free Member

Civit cat?

Civet, that’s it, thanks.

IHN

Hyenas are b@stards. I, believe it or not, am a trained safari guide (I know, who’da believed it), and I always remember the guy who trained me telling me the differences between the dangers from elephants, lions and hyenas:

“Elephants will kill, lions will kill you and eat you, hyenas will just eat you. They don’t care if you’re dead or not”

I saw a picture of a guy who’d had his face bitten off by a hyena (literally, he had nothing below his eyes, nose, upper jaw, lower jaw, cheeks, all gone). Amazingly he was still alive…

swamp_boy

Not beasts to mess with, they chased off a leopard later in the programme – some people keep them though.

IdleJon

As Flashy said, a fascinating programme.

Hyenas are great looking animals aren’t they? They remind me of steroid taking weight lifters – ugly as anything, muscles rippling everywhere and you can’t take your eyes off them.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Hyenas – horrible little creatures but apparently very sociable amongst themselves.

Don’t they have the strongest bite in the animal kingdom or something like that?

mangoridebike

Having seen swamp boys pic I wouldn’t call them little 😯

brakes
    Free Member

that’s his tail mango…

unovolo
    Free Member

Flippin heck ,them Hyenas are bigger than you think (or maybe the guy is quite small) ,you don’t seem to get the same perspective when you see them in there natural habitat.

epicyclo

I had one as a pet when I was a lad in Tanganyika. Stinky bugger. Had him from a little pup.

Quite friendly until he nipped the gardener so sadly got the lead pill. (A real bite would have taken a chunk out of him)

IHN

Don’t they have the strongest bite in the animal kingdom or something like that?

Dunno about the strongest, but they do have MASSIVE bite pressure. Their whole head, especially the enlarged crown with the ridge down the middle, is basically muscle. They chew bones FFS. Not gnaw like a dog, chew like you would a Curly-Wurly…

apparently very sociable amongst themselves

Females live in social groups and are utterly dominant, males are completely subservient, routinely getting the sh1t kicked out of the by the females.

Fact of the day, hyena fact fans: the dominant female hyena has a massively enlarged clitoris that looks like a cock and a false ball sack filled with fat. True dat!

DickBarton

Sounds almost like my ex…

noteeth
    Free Member

Bones caves (in some cases yer actual hyena dens) in this country are stuffed with the remains of Pleistocene-age hyena (and everything they chewed their way through). Finding archaic & ‘African-type’ fauna on British sites was a major headfug for the Victorians – and, among other things, helped Geologists to demolish the Biblical chronology.

The thought of ’em roaming around Mendip still freaks me out, especially on solo rides.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Hyena up an elephant's sphincter’ is closed to new replies.