Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hydronic plinth heaters for kitchen anyone got one?
  • mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

So I have heard horror stories regarding electric underfloor heating running costs and came across these as a solution .
    We have a radiator feed and return nearby (from previous radiator) and wondered if these are a viable heat option
    Room is small hence removing the radiator for extra space probably 11×8 feet
    Just looking for real world experiences before I consider
    ta in advance

midlifecrashes

I’ve got one of them, Smiths SS7. Been in about 13 years. It works, doesn’t give as much heat as expected, and the fan makes some noise. I’d go bigger than the BTU output suggests, as there’s little difference in the prices.

We had a leak from one of the pipes to it last week, at a join in some pushfit, but I made sure there were no inaccessible joins when installing, so not a very big deal. Continuous runs of Hep20 from outside the room to where you can get at them under the cabinets.

squirrelking
    Free Member

From reading up on them (getting one soon as well) the Mysons seem to be better than the Smiths. Pretty sure it’s been done on here before and the general consensus was that they were worth it.

GrahamA
    Free Member

I have a Myson kickstart (don’t know the model but it has a fan with two speeds) really pleased with it. heats up a medium sized kitchen to the point where I’ve not used the underflow heating this winter.

I’d recommend it over a radiator

cb

What’s the noise like from the fans on these things?

globalti
    Free Member

We have an electric Kickstart and the fan is quite noisy.

Our plumber advised against the water version saying that because the heat exchanger is so low, sludge can collect in the narrow waterways.

I don’t think we would have another one, next time the utility will have hot water underfloor.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Thanks guys appreciate the comments

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hydronic plinth heaters for kitchen anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.