Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Hydro discs, 15mm front, 142x12mm rear. On a road bike
  • HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Lot easier to swap bits with the 29er.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I like that a lot. Let’s hope others follow their lead and we don’t end up with a new bolt thru standard for road bikes.

honourablegeorge

I’d imagine there are economies of scale for most manufacturers to have the same stuff on MTB and Road. Suspect 12mm rear will last, given it’s as big as will go through a cassette

Onzadog
    Free Member

Thought this would have generated more interest. Bit expensive for me but I’m looking forward to the trickledown.

househusband

New Orbea Avant – not sure about rear axle though:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPFk7FHPp3M[/video]

Mister-P
    Free Member

It’s interesting to see they have gone with normal rotors rather than finned.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Like that a lot. And despite spending years on QRs for the MTBs just fine, since going bolt through it just seems ‘right’.

robarnold
    Free Member

I like that a lot. Looks ‘right’

nickwatson
    Free Member

Looks perfect to me. If wanted to buy a road bike, I would want some of the technology that I like from my MTB, and wouldn’t really care about the extra weight.

zilog6128

One of the comments in the article talks about a sub-7kg weight. I don’t know where that info is from, but if accurate then it ain’t exactly heavy!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Too light for racing isn’t it? Thought they had to be 16 lbs.

zilog6128

I doubt they’re worried about that at the moment as discs aren’t allowed anyway!

Onzadog
    Free Member

True, but it’s only a matter of time.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hydro discs, 15mm front, 142x12mm rear. On a road bike’ is closed to new replies.