Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hydraulics on old bike – best/neatest clamp?
  • JimmyB
    Free Member

Fitting hydraulics to an old bike with only cable guides. Has anybody got any experience with the A2z 1 or the BBB Hyroclamps for the top tube?

Looking for a nice neat solution without it looking really cr*p.

Any other ideas welcome, or am I best going with the sticky tab & cable tie option?

robholland
    Free Member

I;ve heard a few people drilling small holes each side of the cable guide and then using a small zip tie to go through and hold it.

zigzag69
    Free Member

I'm using these – they do the trick just fine

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=28123

bigsurfer
    Free Member

Havent bothered with any of the aftermarket clamps since I discovered that a cable tie and an O-ring is all needed. Pass the cable tie through the O-ring and then stretch the O Ring around the hydraulic hose and pass the cable tie back through it so the O-ring is wrapped doubled over hose. Attach the cable tie around the frame job done. Sorry about my description, but I don't know how to post pictures. If your not clear I can email a photo tomorow, it really works brilliantly their is a bit of flex to gueard against damage can be attached to any size and shape of tube. I think it looks really really clean and tidy compared to the aftermarket systems.

Cheers Bigsurfer.

andrewh
    Free Member

What Rob said. Works fine for me. And on full-length gear outers too.

JimmyB
    Free Member

Cheers for that, never occurred to me but sounds a hell of a lot neater than what I've seen so far. Cable ties & o-rings it is then…….have to see what I can find at work now……

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hydraulics on old bike – best/neatest clamp?’ is closed to new replies.