Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hydraulic brakes on a crosser.
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

Is it doable? Has anybody done it? Cheaply, ideally?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Think there's some expensive bodge available. BB7s FTW tho.

Onzadog
    Free Member

It is possible but it's not easy. I've seen a set of Hope minis used when a cable was attacked halfway down the lever blade. I've heard of Hope C2 with Pro levers where the lever has been modified to fit the curve of the bars but of course you have to use bar end shifters.

Or the project I'm working on currently is some Hope remote reservoirs which I found as NOS.

Failing that, I think with the change in rules for cross racing, even though old cross riders will never want them, I'd guess that something from Shimano is only a season or two away.

MrTall
    Free Member

I was thinking about this earlier as i have a Salsa Fargo on order and will be running drop bars on it.

I assume that now the world of Cyclocross has been given the green light for using discs in races that we may see something start to trickle out from manufacturers in the not too distant future?

Having said that, i'll probably be sticking with the road version of the BB7's and road bike brakes and bar end shifters.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I'd fit some BB7's but there are 4 sets of hydraulic discs missing their bikes here already.

boxelder

Hope remote reservoirs, but they're not pretty.

I sold one last year – you may find some. I've had no problems in 18 months on BB7s.
    Sell you hydraulics to fund some?

Hairychested
    Free Member

Would there be a problem fitting brakes to the top of the bars (some singlespeed Fuji's have their levers there)?

boxelder

Would there be a problem fitting brakes to the top of the bars

and none on the drops?

Onzadog
    Free Member

boxelder, those are what I'm about to fit, only the open version. Hooking them up to some E4 calipers. How did they work?

Hairychested
    Free Member

Just a thought as Fuji Feather is that way with mini V's. Sounds a big fat no though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hydraulic brakes on a crosser.’ is closed to new replies.