Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hydration Pack that works with a Neck Brace?
  • adamhicks
    Free Member

Hi All,

I’ve never managed to get a back pack working with my Leatt – the bag tends to ride up then push my neck brace up so that I can’t look far enough forwards. In the past I’ve always lumped it and either worn a bag or the brace.

However, with a trip to Whistler coming up in three weeks I’m going to have another go, anyone come across a hydration pack that does not interfere with the brace? I’ve tried a camelback Mule and some North Face offering.

Ideally I’m looking for:
    1.5 – 2 ltr water capacity.
    Only a little storage room on top – enough for a tube, multi – tool and compact camera
    About £50.

Any Ideas?

matthew_h
    Free Member

One of the Wingnut sacks might work as they sit a lot lower on your back than normal sacks.

http://roughrideguide.co.uk/rucksacks.html

adamhicks
    Free Member

Thanks for that, I’ve never seen that brand at all so shall have a look, cheers.

matthew_h
    Free Member

No worries. Couple of my mate’s use them and swear by them.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve a Volt LR, like the wingnut the weight sit’s low on your back so cant/wont ride up. The Charge LR’s even more minimalist. They also do some aimed at runners/adventurists which follow the same design but replace the bag with more webbing I think.

Or the uncool option, does your frame have bottle mounts? If you’re using the lifts you’re unlikely to be more than 20 minues from a tap. Fill the bottle, drink on the lift, ride down, repeat.

torihada
    Free Member

At whistler there’s a drinking tap at the bottom of the main lift. A couple us acted as donkeys carrying packs for spares. Everyone else drank at the lift & left waterproofs cable tied to the bike racks.

khegs
    Free Member

+1 on the Wingnut packs, I’ve got the Hyper 3.0, and if this one dies (it is about 4-5 years old, but very little sign of wear) I’ll be buying another one.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hydration Pack that works with a Neck Brace?’ is closed to new replies.