Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hydration pack affecting performance?
  • philstone

I always usually use an Evoc 3CC pack with water, basic tools and pump. However, last night I decided to use my Evoc 10lt FR pack as we’re off to the alps in a few weeks and wanted to get used to wearing it. However I had a really bad night, riding like a total moron, no balance in corners etc etc..

Was I just having a bad night? Is it the bigger pack? Do I just need to ride more with it?

Help! 🙂

cloudnine
    Free Member

Train with it full of bricks for the next few weeks. When you get to the alps you wont even notice you are wearing a backpack.

What have you actually got in the pack that you need for lift assisted riding in the alps?

zilog6128

Could only find my 3L bladder the other day (don’t ride with it normally). Filled it to the brim without thinking then on the trails felt really top heavy; had to dump half the water out at the side of the trail! If you really need more water/storage maybe something like one of those new Camelbak LR packs that are slung really low?

But having ridden the alps you don’t really need any more stuff – maybe less actually! – as you’re never that far from civilisation. No point not enjoying the awesome riding by weighing yourself down like a pack donkey.

philstone

In the Alps I’ll be carrying multitool, co2, tube, waterproof and lunch..

Good call on practicing fully loaded. Makes sense!

eshershore
    Free Member

camelbak skyline 😉

jlawie
    Free Member

Get yourself a USWE! Worth every penny!

cloudnine
    Free Member

If you bike has a bottle mount then get a tool bottle and put the tube, multitool, co2 and what ever else rammed in it and take a small pack.
    Or even a saddle bag, or a small front triangle bag.. http://www.wiggle.co.uk/deuter-front-triangle-bag/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hydration pack affecting performance?’ is closed to new replies.