Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • hydration /camelback deals – see any good deals recently?
  • supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Due to an incident disenfecting my bladder rendering it useless and another incident involving a mouse eating the bag, I no longer have a useable camelback.

So has anyone seen any good deals recently?

I want a 2.5 to 3L bladder and some tools, small jacket, food storage.

and I can’t spend any more than 20 notes…. (as I am skint).

BigJohn

Tesco often have something for under a tenner.

Aldi ones (when they have them) are like old type Mules.

moniex
    Free Member

Clas Ohlson do some, I think £20 and is expandable. We only paid £15 ish including the bladder though in the shop. Great pack with lots of usefull features.

http://www.clasohlson.co.uk/Product/Product.aspx?id=165976367

Also if you only use water in your camelback and store the bladder in the freezer there will be no need for disinfecting it. I’ve had mine for years and still fresh!

Simone

perthmtb
    Free Member

store the bladder in the freezer there will be no need for disinfecting it

That idea intrigues me. Is the theory that bacteria won’t grow at low temperatures? Is there a risk of the ice bursting the tube if you’ve left any water in it? Tell me more….

stumpy01

perthmtb – Member

That idea intrigues me. Is the theory that bacteria won’t grow at low temperatures? Is there a risk of the ice bursting the tube if you’ve left any water in it? Tell me more….

Yeah – the cold inhibits stuff growing in the camelbak. I’ve done it to mine for ages and it seems to work.
    It makes the tube quite brittle while it’s cold, although I haven’t managed to damage it.
    No chance of bursting the tube, I wouldn’t have thought. If there is a lot of water in the tube, as it freezes it will either expand back inside the bladder, or out of the bite valve.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member
    perthmtb
    Free Member

the cold inhibits stuff growing in the camelbak. I’ve done it to mine for ages and it seems to work

Great – mine’s going in the freezer tonight to test it out. Have to eat some ice cream to make room for it 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘hydration /camelback deals – see any good deals recently?’ is closed to new replies.