Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hydrapak bladder leaking
  • The-Beard

Anyone else had any issues with their hydrapak bladder leaking? I’ve got one where you fold the top down and a clip slides along the top to seal it, but it doesn’t seem to do a very good job as liquid gets out from one of the corners of the supposedly sealed top. Not terribly impressed! Also struggle to get fluid to flow out of the bladder, keep thinking I’ve run out only to find it’s still half full!

Back to Camelbak I think.

scaredypants

I have one of those bladders

Had it years, have often had it filled beyond its nominal capacity and lying on it’s side in a backpack. No leaks at all.

sam_underhill

The bite valves are rubbish. You can use other valves on the tube though – just a little experimentation required to get the right fit. I use an older model osprey bite valve (careful the new ones have smaller diameter!).

The shapeshift bladder is excellent though. Never had a leek and its really easy to clean when inside out.

scaredypants

The bite valves are rubbish

that’s a fair point – I use those camelbak ones that have a tap on ’em

The-Beard

Sounds like I might have a duff one then, I’ll contact them and see what they say.

bigblackshed

Are you removing the air from the bladder before folding and sealing with the slider?

The valves are rubbish. Swapped mine for an Osprey one with the strap magnet thingy.

jairaj

I’ve been using Hydrapak bladders for years now and highly rate them. Their aftersales service is very good. So if you have a problem contact them to see what they can do to sort it out. They also have a new valve with a hight flow rate if you need it.

The-Beard

Are you removing the air from the bladder before folding and sealing with the slider?

Not sure I follow – how do I do that before sealing it without getting water everywhere?

The-Beard

Wee update – emailed saying it’s leaking so they’ve sent me a new one FOC, no questions asked. Pretty good customer service, very happy!

z1ppy

hmmm just bought a dakine one of these to replace a camelpak bladder (need a removal tube for new pack), with regards to

sam_underhill – Member
    The bite valves are rubbish. You can use other valves on the tube though – just a little experimentation required to get the right fit. I use an older model osprey bite valve

Umm how can you tell which is the old one? As wiggle have one on ‘sale’

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hydrapak bladder leaking’ is closed to new replies.