Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Hybrid or?
  • steviegil
    Free Member

I’m looking to buy a bike through the b2w scheme and have the usual 1k to spend. I cannot decide what bike i should buy, either a hybrid of flat barred road bike(don’t fancy a full road bike due to discomfort)?
    I will be using it for tarmac commuting to work, taking the kids out for pootling and fitness riding to shift some weight. Most, if not all of this will be tarmac riding but i still cannot decide what bike is best. I can buy either from my LBS or Halfrauds so can any of you guys reccomend me a decent spec’d suitable bike?

I have been looking at the Boardman team hybrid and the Merida speeder T3 thus far, out of that pair i think i prefer the Boardman but i prefer to buy all my gear from my LBS..

Head minced = check! 😀

GregMay
    Free Member

Cross bike 🙂

RealMan
    Free Member

I cannot decide what bike i should buy, either a hybrid of flat barred road bike a hybrid(don’t fancy a full road bike due to discomfort)?

I can ride my road bike far longer then my mtb, it’s way more comfortable. Get a road bike.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

A fast hybrid like the Marin fairfax (it’s based on road geommetry with a few comforts added)

thehustler
    Free Member

Boardman hybrid also ticks all the boxes, to the point I rode London to Paris on one last year

PMK2060

Road bikes are comfortable if you get the right size. I have had a Boardman hybrid for three years now though and cannot fault it. It’s more road orientated than a lot of hybrids.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

My road bike isn’t uncomfortable

trailster
    Free Member

Trust me get a Cannondale BadBoy, go and try one there amazing bikes I just sold my road bike and got one. Plus you don’t need the top model save some money and get all your accessories you need.

steviegil
    Free Member

Thanks for the input guys.

I like the look of the Boardmans and it seems to tick my boxes.

Stuey01
    Free Member

don’t fancy a full road bike due to discomfort

Road bikes aren’t inherently uncomfortable. For long distances they are often more comfortable. It is a mistake to dismiss a whole genre of bikes on an incorrect generalisation.

Scapegoat

Get it then, just make sure you check it over for build issues when you get it. I had one for a couple of years, and in all weather conditions the disc brakes made it faster and furiouser than my current roadbike.

Northwind

How far do you want to go? Hybrid makes a lot more sense for short journeys on mixed roads IMO, and more suited to tight traffic work. But my road bike is more comfortable over distance, more riding positions etc.

steviegil
    Free Member

Riding wise, not too far possibly a few 20-30miles a week on quiet country roads for fitness.

I’ve never persevered with road bikes as i’ve never had a great interest in them before, the ones i have ridden i found uncomfortable, no generalisation, just my opinion. Dare i say it, if i got the correct bike it would be a different story..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Hybrid or?’ is closed to new replies.