Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • hybrid electric bikes
  • electricbikes
    Free Member

hi there. Im thinking of stocking a range of power assisted hybrid electric mountain bikes but am unsure if theyre any good and if theres a market for them?

Has anyone any experience of this as i dont want to invest in stock if theyre rubbish

thanks

donsimon
    Free Member

😀

bencooper
    Free Member

You want my super-high-tech range of hydrogen-powered fuel cell electric bikes:

Fuel Cell Bike 2 by Ben Cooper, on Flickr

3hp motors, a 100-mile range, and cutting-edge styling – what more do you want? 🙂

cbike
    Free Member

SPAM

druidh
    Free Member

They’re rubbish.

There you go, I’ve saved you the hassle of stocking them.

Bregante

Well Mark, as your profile describes you as the Marketing Manager of electricbikes.pro you’ve left it rather late to find out exactly how crap they are.

Your own website says “As the UK’s leading supplier of high quality hybrid electric bikes, we are so confident in the quality of our products that we genuinely believe they sell themselves. Contact us today to book your demonstration (subject to distance). Our new website is launching soon so stay tuned!”

But your own post on this forum suggests that you’re somewhat unsure?

druidh
    Free Member

There you go. If the UKs leading supplier isn’t sure about them, then I think they are best avoided.

A timely warning for us all I think and a hearty thank you to the OP for being so honest.

Bregante

🙂

Considered another career OP? Not sure you’re cut out for marketing

bencooper
    Free Member

UK’s leading supplier, eh? Well, I’ve been selling electric bikes longer than just about anyone else in the UK*, and I’ve never heard of them – the website isn’t exactly encouraging either. Unfortunately electric bikes to tend to attract Arthur Daley types who import a containerload of bikes from China then vanish without trace.

Could be wrong, though 🙂

*Powabyke have been in business longer, but not with the same people.

electricbikes
    Free Member

@bencooper lol – yup[ theres a lot of them out there, spesh in china

@cbike not at all :/

@druidh why

@Bregante literally first day on the job and need to know the end users point of view… dont kill the messenger lol.

any genuine feedback tho?

mark

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

oh dear 😆

“Has anyone any experience of this as i dont want to invest in stock if theyre rubbish”

Electricbikes – I’d like to buy one, but as your company know’s nothing about them, can you recommend another company to me that does?

woody2000

Hmmmm

Harry_the_Spider

Mods, please leave this thread running.

I love a good puppy shoot.

Off at a tangent… Did that bunch who came on here trying to flog cycling services (pleasecycle ?) ever get anywhere?

bencooper
    Free Member

any genuine feedback tho?

Well, for one thing look into regulations – you should have company details on your website for a start. I know you only created the website 8 days ago, but customers need to know who they’re dealing with.

Also, in my experience, it’s best to be honest – if you tell people they’re dealing with someone working out of a spare room at home then that’s better than pretending you’re some big company.

Oh, and “first day on the job”? So you’re not the Mark who owns the website and lives at the registered address?

allthegear
    Free Member

Right, first of all, sue your web agency – if they can’t even create you a web presence that meets UK Laws then they shouldn’t be in business.

Next – as it happens, we have an electric vehicle ‘event’ at work in Cambridge today. I’ve just had a go on a couple of the same bikes as in your pictures and they were quite amusing to ride. They were, however, woefully built.

TBH – with certain exceptions, you’re not asking in the right place – generally most mountain bikers don’t want an electric bike. Find out where they *do* sell – it’s not us lot…

good luck!

Rachel

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Rachel – Nearly right 😉

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/got-me-some-new-wheels-o

Edit: You actualy posted on it too!

allthegear
    Free Member

Yes funkydunk, that’s why I said “with certain exceptions”…

😉

Rachel

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘hybrid electric bikes’ is closed to new replies.