Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Hybrid Bikes – suggestions
  • simmy
    Free Member

Something like this

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/trek/71-fx-2013-hybrid-bike-ec040353

Any experience with this Trek or is there anything else out there around the same price ?

Just going to be used for shopping bike, and occasional 40 mile ride to the coast but I do want to be able to put a pannier and mudguards on.

On the Trek, what are the components like the wheels etc, are they durable or is there anything on theses hybrids I need to look out for ?

Thanks

simmy
    Free Member

After work bump 8)

Bazz

Mate used to have one of the Boardman hybrids and it was very good too, this is a lower spec one than he had but i’d take it over the Trek (although i do have an irrational dislike of Trek).

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_875969_langId_-1_categoryId_165534

withersea
    Free Member

try a kona dew or dew deluxe

reluctantlondoner

I have a Ridgeback Flyte and it is fantastic – fast, light and robust. It’s a few years old now, mind, but the disks and Tiagra kit are still going strong. Full rack and guards for city use.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

We have a lot of Trek 7.1s at work – must be cos they’re good and reliable.

teasel
    Free Member

Second shout for Ridgeback’s offerings, though some have changed to the ‘shitting dog’ toptube style for 2013, which I’m not a fan of. Even the cheapest model was around the 23lbs mark IIRC.

Edit : I believe they have disc brakes, too.

Joe

Just buy one. They are all much of a muchness, and even though they aren’t very cool are really lovely to ride.

My Mum’s Specialized Crossroads is a complete pleasure to pootle about with.

jonk

Scott Sub

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

I got a Kona Dr Dew frame 150 quid off on crc. It was pretty light and handles really quite nicely even with the random mix of ex-mtb components that I put on it – including the 26″ wheels (instead of 700c) I used which basically makes it a low-rider 8) .

simmy
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies

Quite like this one :-

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/norco/indie-4-2013-hybrid-bike-ec041293#features

Anyone got a Norco bike ? Bit of Googling says they are a Canadian brand and have a good rep with MTBs

rjmccann101

What about one of these. Put some knobbly tires on it and its very capable off road as well.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Cotic rodrat? Bit pricy and heavy for a hybrid but plenty of buyers on here like them.

dsb181
    Free Member

I’m looking at getting a Charge Grater on C2W, does anybody have experience with them? Would it be tarmac friendly only or could it take a little bit of rough? (Canal towpath/rough pot holed single lane ect…)

jim76
    Free Member

Specialized Crosstrail

tacopowell
    Free Member

Spesh sirrus.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Hybrid Bikes – suggestions’ is closed to new replies.