Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hybrid bike for my Dad who is 60
  • sambuka
    Free Member

Hello bikers

We’re buying my Dad a bike for his 60th. He hasn’t ridden for years, but is keen to do some riding again. I’m looking for a hybrid bike, flat bars, comfortable. It will probably be used on cyclepaths and possibly forest trails but nothing steep or very muddy or extreme. So an MTB without suspension or a hybrid would be ideal. He might also do some touring.

I’ve been looking at the sale sections on Wiggle and CRC, but there are too many options on bikes I have no idea about.

Can anyone make some specific recommendations, budget up to £400? Preferably something discounted : ) It would be nice if it had mudguards , but we can add those later…

Thanks for your advice,
    Sam

sok

we got my dad a specialized globe for his 60th. Very similar usage to what you want. You should be able to get one in a sale somewhere.

epicyclo

Get him a 29er.

60 is young enough to take up mtb riding and he may as well have a bike he can do both on.

sambuka
    Free Member

thanks guys how about this one – I’ve never heard of Corratec before though:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=69510

iainc

for the older gent, fit and comfort is going to be priority over spec. I’d suggest that getting into a bike shop and sitting on a few is the best option. If it’s a birthday surprise then maybe arrange a day round the shops immediately after or on the date ?

pennine
    Free Member

I unwrapped an Orange 5 on my 60th 😀 :mrgreen:

Admittedly outside the OP budget.

Andy-R

iainc – Member
    for the older gent, fit and comfort is going to be priority over spec.

Since I’ll be 60 in a few months I must remember to bear that in mind 🙄

Anyway – one of those Diamondback 29er’s ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hybrid bike for my Dad who is 60’ is closed to new replies.