Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)
  • Hutton
  • aracer
    Free Member

It’s kind of amusing that when the lefties try to accuse others of “politics of envy” it becomes clear that they don’t actually understand the meaning of the term.

jam-bo

Nope – envy, hatred of the public sector and lies are the issues

no it isn’t. The amount of pension I will get from working for the civil service for eight years bears no relation to the amount I paid into it.

It’s not envy to say that that isn’t sustainable…

firestarter
    Free Member

My dad was in building and planning for the council and all his mates took the mick out of his pay but he didn’t mind as he would have a good pension. Now hes retired they are the ones moaning how its not fair his pension is better.

They didn’t mind when they were on much more money, and rather than fight for their case when changes came they just lay down and take it, then say right its not fair now we want you to screw over the public sector too so they can be like us

IanMunro
    Free Member

Quite true Jambo.
    However I suspect though that pretty much no one on this forum is actually capable of really determining what is and isn’t sustainable and are basically relying on received wisdom from 3rd parties that have ideologies broadly similar to their own.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

When I started the council all those moons ago in a prior job I remember wondering why a load of part-timers went full time just before they retired. Then someone pointed out they’d worked part time all their lives (and hence reduced pension contributions) but the pension scheme was based on your final years salary….

Not to say that’s wrong, and I’m sure there are many other sob stories but just goes to show how you can manipulate even the pension sheme.

Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)

The topic ‘Hutton’ is closed to new replies.