Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hutchinson Toro – really the dogs danglies!?
  • crispo
    Free Member

My 2+ year old nobby nics are feeling pretty rubbish now so time for some new tyres.

Read the review in this months mag and the 2.15 toros get a great review!

Anybody on hear got them, are they actually worth it for a set?

Paceman
    Free Member

I’ve also been considering trying a Toro up front on my 29er but can’t bring myself to spend £45 yet!

prawny

I’ve got some on my rockrider. I’m not the most experienced rider but the reviews I’ve read match my experiences. Not the most grip in the world (over the chase anyway) but when they slide it’s pretty controllable. The rear is looking a bit worn now and the front is cracking up so I’ll be replacing them soon(ish) probably for something with a bit more volume.

crispo
    Free Member

Hmm…..not the conclusive answer I was hoping for but thanks anyway!

pymwymis
    Free Member

Bonty XR4 Team issue for more volume. They’re huge and very grippy too. I love em. About £36 each I think.
    Oh yes, they go up great tubeless and don’t weigh that much either.

longj
    Free Member

Great when not cornering. A bit dicey on bends as they are quite square. I will go for rounder tyres next time.

mrelectric

I had some Toros a few years ago and they were a massive improvement over the hard rubber Panaracer Fire XCs but I then found that the NN and HD is were loads better again. They suit me anyway!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hutchinson Toro – really the dogs danglies!?’ is closed to new replies.