Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hutchinson hard skin burping issues
  • wynne
    Free Member

Just bought some nice new Hutchinson enduro cased tyres, but although they seat perfectly they burp with anything less than 40psi in them. I’m just shy of 13 stone and have been riding the same rims with other (geax) tyres as low as 25psi with no burps. Just wondered if there is any known issue with these. Seems maybe the casing is too stiff to allow the tyre to deform without burping. Aargh. That was money well spent…

fudge9202
    Free Member

I’ve run the toro’s hardskin 29X2.35 with no burping on Wtb sti25 rims as low as 18psi with no issues

bigjim

No probs with mine at all, great tyres. Have you popped them on to the rims properly? No dry sealant on the rims etc. Are they the tubeless ones?

wynne
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. I’ll pop them off tomorrow and check everything is properly clean. Thought I had, but it was getting a bit dark the other night…l

fudge9202
    Free Member

I put mine on with tubes first, left them overnight and the removed tubes and set them up tubeless.

wynne
    Free Member

I take it all back. Took them off and reseated them with a bit more sealant. Ran them at 30psi for a long rocky ride yesterday and not a burp. I mustn’t have cleaned the rim properly the first time. As I say I take it all back – they’re great.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hutchinson hard skin burping issues’ is closed to new replies.