Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hurty ears when swimming
  • shermer75
    Free Member

Particularly when they are submerged, like when I am doing the backstroke. Does anyone else get this? Do they have a solution? I’m going to SportsDirect later and I see that they have ear plugs as well as ear bands. I’ve never tried either. Is there any advice out there? 🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

Have you tried using your arms and legs? 😆

shermer75
    Free Member

Haha!!

johnhe

I can’t swim without ear pain. I’ve self diagnosed surfer’s ear (from my surfing days – many years ago). Probably bollocks, but I wear an ear plug when I swim and that helps a lot. I only hurt in one ear, so I only wear one ear plug.

Mine is really sore in cold water, but just uncomfortable in warmer, swimming pool water. Still very irritating though.

shermer75
    Free Member

That’s good to know. Are all ear plugs pretty much the same then?

Cougar

I’ve self diagnosed surfer’s ear (from my surfing days – many years ago). Probably bollocks

No, I think that’s definitely ears.

steve-g
    Free Member

Burst an ear drum while training for an event once and needed to continue to swim so went through all the various options.

Solid plugs, no good for me, even with a band round them the water would still creep through. What I found best was these putty sort of ear plugs that you can re-use a limited number of times combined with a swim hat that I pulled down over my ears

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I use these:
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/zoggs-aqua-plugz-1/

I have always had problems with my ears and so always wear ear plugs, everything is super silent as well so you don’t have to listen to the screechy kids! It’s ace 🙂

flatfish
    Free Member

Swimmers ear.
    It’s an fungal infection of the ear drum, GP will give you antibiotics for it.

Cougar

Is swimmer’s nob a thing? Asking for a friend.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hurty ears when swimming’ is closed to new replies.