Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Hurt Locker – Just watched
  • tankslapper
    Free Member

O.K. here we go.

Probably one of the best WAR movies that focuses on a discipline that I have TOTAL admiration within bomb disposal. The film is an excellent Tour de Force although how the SAS are handled is frankly shambolic!

Out of 10? 8 – completely watch able!

speaker2animals

Well glad you enjoyed it. I still want to see it even though it got a real kicking on here a couple of weeks ago.

DezB
    Free Member

Nice one. Similar, if a little less long-winded, to the review I read (Telegraph, I think) when the film first came out.
    Will give it a watch.

Jamie
    Free Member

The SAS did get portrayed like boy scouts didn't they? A bit like Sean Bean in Ronin…..ex SAS and basically shits himself and starts firing on shadows.

USA! USA! USA!

beamers

Hooah!

HTTP404
    Free Member

Saw it the other day and from the first scene I found it to be a compelling watch.
    It's more of a thought provoking film rather than a film propelled by a strong story line.
    I was not so sure those people you refer to as SAS were not actually mercenaries. I assumed the latter since Fiennes made reference to their prisoners' rewards as either DoA.

mattbee

Tour de Farce more like.

A good 'action' film, I'll agree, but about as realistic as Night at the Museum. So many technical errors, procedures made up of ignored, it's irritating if you have any knowledge at all.

Generation Kill is the only decent bit of Iraq based drama, and is well worth a watch.

KennySenior
    Free Member

A bit like Sean Bean in Ronin…..ex SAS and basically shits himself and starts firing on shadows.

He was pretending to be ex-SAS though, rather than actually being ex-SAS.

allthepies
    Free Member

The bloke slagging it off on here was fuming because someone wore the wrong colour khaki or something 😉

Andituk
    Free Member

I liked it, and yeah, I thought the brit guys were private military too?

And Sean Bean in Ronin wasn't really SAS, he'd lied.

allthepies
    Free Member

Indeed – boathouse at Hereford, tsk!

Mantastic
    Free Member

The Hurt Locker promised to deliver so much, yet I feel delivered not a lot. I may have to watch it again to give it a chance as I wasn't well when I watched it. BUT I would expect more from the guys that also made point break.

tankslapper
    Free Member

I disagree – I think those that read into it what they wanted did just that – crap scripting for SAS aside its not (necessarily) a war film rather a film about dealing with war, sometimes well, sometimes badly.

Renner's potrayal as the slightly warped 'bomb tech' is excellent, and I guess we have to face the reality of frontline service which demonstrates stress in all its wonderful forms.

America wins the war singlehanded?! Yeah for sure! But I found it thought provoking and sincere.

backhander
    Free Member

I took it that they were mercs; hence the lack of support/comms.
    Reg would have fast air PDQ.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hurt Locker – Just watched’ is closed to new replies.