Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hurstwood/Burnley locals?
  • RustySpanner

Hiya.

Does anyone know if there’s a way through the old spoil heaps from Cant Clough res to Hurstwood res?
    Had an explore from the Hurstwood side on foot yesterday, but just seem to hit dead ends that peter out before hitting a north/south drainage runnel just under the high point.

I know there’s a track from higher up Gorple Road that hits Cant Clough, but wondering if there’s a way through the Hushings?

Thanks in advance.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

yes, only any good from the Cant Clough end.
    Nothing that I can point to on a map but I can describe… As you climb on the doubletrack from Cant Clough towards Hurstwood, look for a small singletrack off to the right (straight on) as you go over the brow of the hill.
    Follow that.
    It pops out on the side of Hurstwood res but it’s a more interesting than the doubletrack alternative.
    Track is often referred to as “Super Mario Land”.

RustySpanner

Good name for the area. 🙂

Thanks for that, we’d tried all the tracks at the far end, was beginning to lose hope.

Much appreciated, will get the new Aldi lights on charge and go for a play later in the week.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kirky72
    Free Member

Careful in the dark for the first time there’s a steep chute not far into it that could catch you out, quite narrow with a rock in the wrong place if you drags your brakes down it.

RustySpanner

Ta, off Wednesday, will have scout around in daylight first.

Been here nearly four years now, still finding loads of new stuff.
    Brilliant, innit?

kirky72
    Free Member

I do like to get up over gorple road or the turn off before it that heads to ridealgh road, so quiet most of the time I don’t come across anybody Neil I drop towards hebden bridge. A nice contrast to rivington and Darwen or the dales.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hurstwood/Burnley locals?’ is closed to new replies.