Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Hurricane Sandy
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

Rickos – Member

Nick – good luck. At least married life has started with a bang! :waggle:

Hehe… Oh yes…

8)

ds3000
    Free Member

Update from Queens: area surrounding us is pretty much fine, high winds, but nothing more than a bad autumn UK storm. I suppose the main difference is the sustained nature of the high winds, been going on for about 8 hrs now. Low lying coastal areas are **** though.

Macgyver

From a friend of ours in New York about 6 hours ago…..

“Water is coming up 23rd to 10th Avenue……this is going to be interesting” Followed by “there goes the power”

I reckon he’ll be okay, he’s got a canoe.

Some friends are really going to think that someone does not like them. The family home in the Bahamas had Irene last year then Sandy roll over their house last week and now it comes to find them where they live in New Jersey!

mrblobby
    Free Member

So when does the giant lizard emerge from the bay and start knocking down skyscrapers?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

This is my current earworm…

yunki
    Free Member

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Salt water storm surge and electricity. The storm may pass but the repairs will be long and expensive.

binners

The better half’s cousin is living in New York. She spoke to her yesterday and she displayed an admirably British attitude to the whole thing.

“I’ve got plenty of wine in. I got more red than white, as if the power goes down, I won’t be able to keep the white chilled”

😆

ohnohesback
    Free Member

When the power fails it’s a bit of a childhood adventure, bringing back those memories of candles in the miners’ strikes of the 1970s. But when the power stays off for an extened period then it isn’t fun any more, especially in our technology dependent world…

footflaps

I got more red than white, as if the power goes down, I won’t be able to keep the white chilled

Now that is good planning!

rudebwoy
    Free Member

So when does the giant lizard emerge from the bay and start knocking down skyscrapers?

😆

ohnohesback
    Free Member

What got me about the approach of the storm was the way that suddenly everyone was clamouring trying to buy the supplies that they should’ve had to hand already. After the near-miss last year you’d have thought they would have been better prepared. Get your standby supplies sorted now, because when IT, whatever IT happens to be, strikes you may well have other more pressing things to do than stand in a queue for things that may well have run out.

Drac

Here IT is blocking the storm drains, don’t say he didn’t give you a wake up call.

footflaps

yep, best stock up now on decent TV series now, before ‘IT’ arrives, as ‘IT’ is truly terrifying:

Smarticus
    Free Member

Half term hols with the family in New York – seemed like a good idea a few weeks ago. We bailed out and drove to West Virginia instead. So far it’s just been damp and breezy – despite forecasts all saying “be afraid, be very afraid” wherever we have gone. Were supposed to get lots of snow here last night but non arrived. But at least it is keeping the media busy – wall to wall coverage with more people whipping up a storm than ever before.
    PS wish we had stayed in The Lakes :0(

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Well, that was a tad, er, windy and wet…

MrNutt
    Free Member

Pah, call that a storm I’ve seen worse on the Somerset levels!

yunki
    Free Member

some pics from friends..

ex billboard in The Bronx

Tunnel by Battery Park flooded to the top

La Guardia airport

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Hurricane Sandy’ is closed to new replies.