• This topic has 14 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Hunted (spoilers)
  • DrJ

The ones who got away did well. That lad who betrayed Emily in the end would have felt a bit sick with himself if the last 4 had all been caught due to his greed!

grtdkad

Kind of pleased that it is possible to escape Big Brother. … Though similarly disturbing that four relative incompetents making it up as they go along could ‘vanish’

martinhutch

As a series, started well, but the contrivance of how the ‘hunters’ got their clues was starting to wear thin by the end.

Does anyone else think that the way they picked up the couple in the caravan park last week was beyond plausible? I imagine that the producers realised they were just going to sit tight in that caravan for the month, which would make boring telly, and just arranged to have them eliminated.

And this week – wanted posters going up in a remote welsh town without them having a clue that the girl was there.

Without the student grassing them up, they wouldn’t have had any kind of finish to the show, which is also a bit suspicious.

Basically, it looks like the cameramen told the producers/hunters pretty much everything, and they then decided how much of that information they’d be able somehow to access, which is a bit different from starting with a blank page.

And sending them all to the same spot at a pre-arranged time may have added some suspense, but basically was a second chance to get the folk they’d failed to catch.

ninfan
    Free Member

the contrivance of how the ‘hunters’ got their clues was starting to wear thin by the end.

indeed – all CCTV cameras appear to be linked to central monitoring points, all cashpoints have cameras nearby etc.

everyone conveniently kept communicating with their families, nobody drew all the cash out on day one and two.

sadexpunk

agreed, good tv but all a bit too contrived for my liking.

martinhutch

nobody drew all the cash out on day one and two.

I imagine a lot of us would do this and just bikepack around a few national parks for a month. Which would also be boring telly, leading to a very specific poster campaign and a black 4×4 waiting for us at the end of a bridleway after a mysterious tip-off.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The proximity of the chasers to the extraction point at the end had the whiff of being more fixed than the finish of a Top Gear “race”. Given all that, I’d be tempted to have a go at the next series, practicalities aside. 🙂

martinhutch

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/take-part/articles/all/hunted

STW group on-the-run ride anyone?

Damn, just gave away the tactic…

The proximity of the chasers to the extraction point at the end had the whiff of being more fixed than the finish of a Top Gear “race”.

They had at least four teams, and only about 3 airports to cover with about 10 hours to spare…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’m thinking about applying. I’m neither family nor techno oriented, can manage ok without home comforts & love being ‘out of the way’.
    That is all. 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d shop you for £250 though. 😛

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’d shop you for £250 though.

Only if you knew who I was, which you wouldn’t. 🙂

poly
    Free Member

Both the girls seemed to know that the other was still in the game towards the end. Why would they assume that when they split up each believing the other was about to get caught.

Clearly the lesson is not to tease the hunters to make life more exciting.

The ending was a bit too contrived for me; that student needs to learn to negotiate – £250. No I have a price but they could blow that in a weekend. How much do you want to know and how precisely… are we supposed to believe that anyone can turn up at that airfield and simply run straight up to a plane without speaking to anyone?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Agreed, it was very contrived. I’ve heard both Ray Mears & Bear Grylls have applied as well, & a bloke called Colin Armstrong has shown an interest too.

Scapegoat

Basically it was a tabletop exercise. As the fugitives made mistakes so the hunter team was fed clues. The opening credits told us the ANPR and CCTV work was simulated, so was the cell site analysis. Realtime cell site triangulation for example is only available to the police in “life and death” situations, and subject to stringent and complicated authority requirements. The biggest clue was the wanted posters appearing in a sleepy welsh village, and the convenient tweet of the password to the IT guy’s wife’s account back in 2012 which was found in a short trawl. Hmmmm.

Bloody good TV though.

DrJ

And this week – wanted posters going up in a remote welsh town without them having a clue that the girl was there.

The whole wanted poster thing was a cheat – sure, if you get the entire population to help you, you can find somebody. If you’re going down that road you could put an ad on TV every hour.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Hunted (spoilers)’ is closed to new replies.