• This topic has 58 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Hunted C4, new people, new tech
  • singletrackmind

Just watched it.
    Having been on tele a couple of times It is obvious to see the editing going on, and the following ‘subtle’ tv camera crew wil have massive big professional cameras , not GoPro’s on selfie sticks.
    Would be better if they had a jump off point and a destination and time frame to get there.
    Be more realistic and due to the laws of divergance and confluence be more exciting if capture is evaded.

Why did these people not plan by watching the Bourne trilogy a few times ?

crazy-legs

Why did these people not plan by watching the Bourne trilogy a few times ?

IIRC, the contestants (participants?) on the first show weren’t actually told they’d been successful in the audition until about 2hrs before the hunters turned up at their door.

This format is slightly different, releasing them all together from a central location and they were allowed to plan their initial escape (have a car waiting etc) so they must have had some notice…

crazy-legs

On C4 now.
    They’ve just caught the two army guys.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I can’t figure out the rules, if they have to stay in contact, surely the others must be on the phone as much as the army guys were?

fin25
    Free Member

There were elements of the first series that, although clearly stage managed, were fun and interesting. This series is just awful.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The only scripted bit seems to be the procrastination about catching them, im guessing the drones going to take up half the next eppisonde while they lose them in a field or something.

Does seem like the hunters have got it a bit too easy with the new rules.

flatfish
    Free Member

Bobbins last episode.
    “Oooo look at this boat loitering around 6 hours before the deadline”.
    The whole coastline of the uk is a possible exit, as are airfields and train stations and the bloke picks out a single RIB at the isle of sheppey.
    19,500 miles of coast and they find the extraction vehicle. Tad unbelievable.

martinhutch

Last series was more believable because they failed more than they succeeded. This time around it’s patently obvious they know exactly what the ‘contestants’ are doing and simply fabricate a back-story as to how they might pick them up at any convenient moment.

Gems this episode were the Ayo bloke conveniently getting picked up by his mate next to a non-existent CCTV camera so the hunters could narrow the search location to the north Kent coast, and the non-existent neighbour who dobbed in the girls so they could be tracked to Sedbergh, not to mention the lucky guess they were headed to Killington services and the drone which conveniently was deployed in exactly the right place to pick them up.

Some of the hunters seem to be overly angry types too.

I think my strategy would be to tell the cameraman I was off to X to meet Y, wait for him to feed that back to command, then do something completely different.

egb81
    Free Member

The whole series has been ludicrous, the last episode being the icing on the cake. It seems to merely serve as a scare tactic to put people off going on the run but the idea that the police have such incredible powers to check every single CCTV camera without having a clue where you are and, as mentioned above, narrow down exit points that include every single point of the UK is plainly absurd.

fasthaggis

I think an STW team could win it easy,stealth bikepacking 😉

isitafox
    Free Member

Who’s applying for the next series then?

crazy-legs

Who’s applying for the next series then?

If everyone on here who reckons they can do it and the tens of thousands of Twitter commentators last night are anything are to go by, the application email address was probably swamped within about 10 minutes of the programme ending!

To be fair, Nick more than deserved that win – the bumbling fool bit started off as being quite annoying but everyone seemed to warm to him and it became a rather endearing trait.

jimmy

Never really watched this but watched a few minutes last night.

So they find the girls using a drone on heat vision. OK.

Close in on them. Good.

Then where does the drone go to get right on top of them?

They get in an old dear’s car with the line “we’re on the run can we have a lift?”

“oooh yes girls, get in”

The hunters find the car and have the doors open “GET OUT THE CAR!”

A big hole in the footage and the car, driven by an old dear, is speeding off with the hunter cursing it.

Utter utter bobbins.

martinhutch

I think an STW team could win it easy,stealth bikepacking

Except it’s quite hard to be stealthy if the hunters have pretended to hack something, picked up the CCTV from outside Wilfs in Staveley and are magically waiting for you at the end of exactly the right trail.

The bit with the old dear was either completely fake or totally out of order.

egb81
    Free Member

It’s harder to be stealthy if you’re being followed about by a bloke with a camera as well.

isitafox
    Free Member

Yeah does kind of defeat the object of wearing a disguise

egb81
    Free Member

Did make me laugh when that bloke was creeping down the train platform trying not to be seen and there’s a camera man stood right behind him filming it all.

crazy-legs

It’s harder to be stealthy if you’re being followed about by a bloke with a camera as well.

This is the part that bugs me.
    When those 2 girls were on the run being followed by Heat Seeker Drone of Death, there was no cameraperson with them. Very occasionally, when using “CCTV” you can see the cameraperson in shot, most of the time they’re absent.

But more critically, is the cameraperson with the Fugitive 24/7, doing the same things (like cycling along canal towpaths, camping wild, stying in random strangers houses, hitching lifts…)? Or is it a case of them having a nice warm camper van / hotel room to disappear to each night a la Bear Grylls.

And when Ayo and Madu split up, there was a cameraperson with each of them so was that a planned split, putting 2 camerapeople in there just in case? In which case it’s considerably more difficult to be stealthy when you’ve got a group of 4.

DrJ

Just watched the last one – I was impressed by the stupidity of “Hailey” and her boyfriend who did their best to show their weasel-like lack of scruples by dobbing in Ayo and demonstrate their untrustworthiness on national TV.

I was also impressed by Ayo’s restraint when he realised what had happened, and he just went off instead of hoofing them in the nuts.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Hunted C4, new people, new tech’ is closed to new replies.