• This topic has 58 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Hunted C4, new people, new tech
  • grtdkad

What do you reckon? I was a tad disappointed last series that people were weak slaves to their phones

Maybe better this time around?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, agreed. Really good though, I’d love a go!.

grtdkad

Man v drone…

Kryton57

Looks good this one. Can’t believe the two miliatary blokes got an the blower then sat down for a curry. How naive.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Have you seen the state of that ex forces bloke crawling across a green field in a ghillie suit? I mean, WTF? He was as obvious as a boil on yer arse!
    Why do they all keep going on phones?

I reckon if 100K was involved you wouldn’t see/hear me for 28 days. How do I apply?

burko73

Why didn’t the hunters get the two army blokes when they had them in the restaurant? What’s that about?

burko73

I’d just hide under the bed……

mark90
    Free Member

Rather like the Apprentice, you get the impression that they just haven’t seen the show before.

sadexpunk

Why didn’t the hunters get the two army blokes when they had them in the restaurant? What’s that about?

s’wat i was thinking too.

martinhutch

Last time when someone had a boring but effective strategy (holing up in a caravan for the duration), they were conveniently found by the staggering coincidence of the search team turning up there for unrelated enquiries. 🙄

So I reckon me just bikepacking around the remoter parts of the Dales and Lakes would get me nicked pretty quick.

roger_mellie

s’wat i was thinking too.
    Me too. Not good telly was my conclusion. Let them ‘escape’ so we can catch up with them again. And repeat.

Edit: still entertaining though!

chrismac

I reckon having the film crew following you is a hit of a give away. I bet they all have their phones on

crazy-legs

Seems that the rules actually require the fugitives to move around regularly (ie no hiding in a bothy in Scotland for a month) and to use friends & family, much like an actual criminal might.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/hunted/articles/all/series-2-guide/4836

And there seem to be measures in place to ensure that the camera crew can’t give location info to the hunters.

That said, the girls’ parents were spectacularly stupid, pretty much gave a full detailed inventory of their kit and plans.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

It’s telly isn’t it?
    Like on the last series when Dr Whatsit was in a ‘remote’ Scottish bothy that turned out to be Gleann Dubh which is about 2 miles from the A830 Ft William/Mallaig road. Hardly ‘remote’!

martinhutch

They know exactly where you are every second of the day and night. They just need to harvest that info from another source before they can use it. Or just pick you up anyway, if you’re boring.

EG being the lad who was in the N Yorks village – they flyposted that specific village with reward posters and the landlady dobbed him in. Same with the Dr in the Highlands.

Edric64
    Free Member

I got bored after 20 minutes and turned it off

badllama
    Free Member

I’m going to apply for next year be a doddle I recon 😀

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

Losing faith in this program that there is an ounce of realism and that actually it’s partly scripted.

“We have eyes on the targets”.. But we’ll stand outside the restaurant and peer in obviously for no reason as we can’t have an early capture we need some drama first of an oh so close moment.

It’s a frustrating program, why was the mum of one of those annoying girls giving so many clues about camping etc and then why the hell did the dad have a list of the truck stops in his pocket, keep it somewhere safe upstairs at all times, you don’t need it on you. Or do you for the purposes of the script.

Why did the military guy on his apple Mac have a ridiculously easy password yet he seemed to be savvy that they’d try and hack into his online life.

Conspiracy theory.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

+1 for what Larry says, & If you want 100K you go off somewhere & don’t show your face, leave your phone at home, keep out of touch with family, take supplies & be prepared to go hungry.
    I’d love that, 100K to lose 3 stones! Easy!

mickmcd
    Free Member

Surely you would just holeup in the equadorian embassy,

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

+1 for what Larry says, & If you want 100K you go off somewhere & don’t show your face, leave your phone at home, keep out of touch with family, take supplies & be prepared to go hungry.
    I’d love that, 100K to lose 3 stones! Easy!

Read the link crazy-legs posted to the rules.

They have to keep moving, and they have to stay in contact with friends and family. I agree it’s a bit of a con in that respect, but the alternative is 4 weeks of who can most convincingly fake their own death.

Plenty of people could sit in a bothy for 4 weeks but that’s now what you’d do if you had just robbed a bank is it?

AlasdairMc

I stopped watching when I saw the Spot tracker one of them was carrying in the last series.

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

Read the link crazy-legs posted to the rules.

What they need to do is actually detail the rules on the actual program as a voice over at the start. It’s not clear at all when watching the program and so people will get frustrated with the “stupid” people not sitting in the middle of a forest in Scotland and cutting themselves off from the outside world for a month.

Most, like me didn’t realise there was additional rules that needed to be adhered too over what is mentioned on the program.

Anyway that doesn’t change the fact the program I felt is becoming scripted in some way to add drama rather than just recording what happened and make a program from that.

weeksy

Anyway that doesn’t change the fact the program I felt is becoming scripted in some way to add drama rather than just recording what happened and make a program from that.

I’ve not even seen it, but i’d have thought that would be clear without even knowing the plot…

What’s the point in a prog where 10 people are not found and no-one has any video of where they are or what they’re doing.

cchris2lou

If the hunters are so good, they should be able to find them, especially with just 30 minutes lead.

pictonroad

I did wonder in the last series why someone didn’t just go to a caravan park in Rhyll and assume a new identity as Barry the plasterer for the duration.

Wouldn’t be difficult. It makes more* sense now.

martinhutch

I did wonder in the last series why someone didn’t just go to a caravan park in Rhyll and assume a new identity as Barry the plasterer for the duration.

Someone did, in East Anglia I think – see my above post about how this conveniently played out for C4.

JackHammer

It just a program made by the Man to scare us into thinking we’re all findable and not to be naughty.

I watched a bit of the last series, got bored of the stupidity of the people and “coincidences” that led to people being caught.

With all the rules above definitely too contrived for me.

wwaswas

I reckon the cyclist is going to win it through sheer incompetence.

He’ll fail to carry out every plan he tells anyone about and they’ll always be waiting for him in the wrong place…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I quite enjoyed the first series although I guess it had fewer rules. This series probably needed more rules to stop people learning from the last series.

Although it did make it less exciting when they were all on their phones and being driven arround by friends the whole time.

Half the enjoyment of the first series was watching them have a mental breakdown due to the isolation and running out of plan but not really knowing if the old plan was working or if the hunters were just outside the door.

canopy
    Free Member

I reckon the cyclist is going to win it through sheer incompetence.

which ones the cyclist? is it the older of the ex-forces guys with the false leg? he’s also an ex-cop (who booked me into the cells one night…) is the dad of a mate of mine and he’s also a keen roadie, has worked in (possibly run?) bike shops and is a funny bloke.

won’t be watching the episode til tonight.

on the show.. think of it as a LARP with the simulated powers of state being part of the game then its not so cringey

wwaswas

which ones the cyclist?

errm, the one on the bike.

canopy
    Free Member

i did say i haven’t seen it smarty pants!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Ahh soz, I hadn’t read the rules about keeping in touch with family & friends. You could get round that by taking some homing pigeons & tying messages to their legs like they used to, except your family couldn’t write back!

acidtest
    Free Member

There’s so many holes in the program but still find it entertaining and worth a watch. A lot of it is simulated like the ANPR and CCTV but I guess that’s the only way they could do it.

Wouldn’t mind giving it a go. Set up a random page visitor on loop and then leave the laptop for them to sift through with a million urls in the history. Think the most fun would be setting them off on wild goose chases.

ninfan
    Free Member

It probably helps in the realism factor if your ‘contestants’ are not already established actors:

http://www.castingnow.co.uk/jez-scarratt

canopy
    Free Member

hah! good find

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

ninfan – Member
    It probably helps in the realism factor if your ‘contestants’ are not already established actors:

http://www.castingnow.co.uk/jez-scarratt

Brilliant. 😆

egb81
    Free Member

That ending in the curry house is ridiculous. Why on earth would they let them go? Also, the incompetence of the military guys and their detailed digital trail is staggering.

I’d love to give it a go, I reckon with a healthy dose of paranoia and a bit of smart thinking I could make a decent go of it. I’d love to set up an elaborate series of bike changes to get out of the city.

chrismac

So its a programme about evading capture but to meet the rules you are not allowed to hide and you have to tell the hunters where you are.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Hunted C4, new people, new tech’ is closed to new replies.