Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Hunted !
  • martinhutch

I am bit confused how they shot the lady getting cash out from the ATMs point of view…

It won’t be the ATM camera, just a mini-cam stuck on by the cameraman.

It’s an interesting series, but all kinds of fakery and re-enactment is to be expected.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Interesting concept but too many holes. Possibly would have been improved by training the “hunteds” to use a handycam type thing and do video diaries, or maybe doing it in pairs only, with both trained to use a camera. The concept of them being followed everywhere by (one?) cameraman is just a bit clunky to be believable. I assume the participants have to wear trackers so the producers know where they are. Whether we can trust them not to hint the chasers with the fugitives’ locations…hmmm I dunno.

I was a bit surprised by the reaction of the woman who got all shirty when she and her partner were caught on the high street. “Don’t touch me! Get your hands off me!” 😆 It’s a game matey, you’ve been caught. It’s ok, you’re not really an international terrorist on the run FFS.

martinhutch

I was a bit surprised by the reaction of the woman who got all shirty when she and her partner were caught on the high street. “Don’t touch me! Get your hands off me!” It’s a game matey, you’ve been caught. It’s ok, you’re not really an international terrorist on the run FFS.

I think if I’d just sat through about 400 bus journeys and got nabbed almost straightaway, I’d be a bit narky as well. You’ll never take me alive, copper!
    Goes to show that at least some of the contestants are taking it seriously. As long as they catch the whiney girl who keeps ringing her mum, I’ll be happy.

scandal42
    Free Member

The girl who keeps ringing her mum needs taking out by a marksman, silly ****.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

similar reaction from one of the lads last night, the other one tried legging it 😆

is it “that” hard not to call home? its whats popping them all,

and why didn’t they double bluff the doc, he was staking them out, why didn’t they do the same and stake out the cabin? he’d clearly been in the area

ell_tell
    Free Member

Some of them need to take a leaf out John Darwin’s* book.

*that canoeist wot went missing

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Interesting concept but too many holes. Possibly would have been improved by training the “hunteds” to use a handycam type thing and do video diaries, or maybe doing it in pairs only, with both trained to use a camera. The concept of them being followed everywhere by (one?) cameraman is just a bit clunky to be believable. I assume the participants have to wear trackers so the producers know where they are. Whether we can trust them not to hint the chasers with the fugitives’ locations…hmmm I dunno.

They explained at the start of the first episode that they were fakeing the state’s powers.

They don’t really have access to all the CCTV, ANPR network, phone signals, cashpoints, it’ll be the producers/cameramen and the SPOT transmitters reporting back and the producers passing this on as faked data.

I reckon the biggest issue isn’t going missing, it’s boredom. The GP could easily manage it I reckon, but he’s going to come unstuck if he makes it a game. OTOH it does mean he knows where they are, if he can stay in bothy’s and stay half a day ahead without making a predictable pattern he could do it.

ninfan
    Free Member

and why didn’t they double bluff the doc, he was staking them out, why didn’t they do the same and stake out the cabin? he’d clearly been in the area

I’m sure they would have written the whole thing off as a well planned ruse and that they had wasted enough time on it.

If the good doc has any sense, he will now post that burner phone to a mate down south and get them to send a couple of text messages on it 😈

crazy-legs

There was an article in one of the trashier papers from Emily who apparently survives for quite a while, she said they only found out they had been selected for the programme 2 weeks before it and there were various rules in place about not caching food, supplies etc.

I can’t believe how many of them feel the need to phone home every 5 minutes. 🙄 That said, those two Sikh lads did alright up until they repeatedly called home on the same phone and then holed up in a building with zero escape options. Muppets.

The Dr is funny, he’s got well into the role with all his camo gear. I reckon he might just make it the whole month.

There’s a little bit about how they made it here:
    http://www.channel4.com/programmes/hunted/articles/all/hunted-the-makings-of-a-manhunt

DrJ

That said, those two Sikh lads did alright up until they repeatedly called home on the same phone and then holed up in a building with zero escape options. Muppets.

If they’d just stayed in Manchester and ditched the phone they’d have been safe.

cdaimers

The chasers were hilarious last night, Glasgow to fort William in about 7 mins. They were on Dumbarton road when they were told he was in Spean bridge, next they were at the village… And only 4 mins behind him… Only wish I could do the same on the A82.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Wife is under strict instructions that if we ever find ourselves on the run like that, it’s limited to one call per burner phone.

thecaptain
    Free Member

If they’re so determined to be anonymous, why are they using a Spot tracker??

They say on the web site that they are simulating some of the functions that the state could do for real, eg ANPR and some other stuff. So they must have someone actually tracking them, and deciding what data to pass on to the hunters. Perhaps the cameraman also passes on things like “they are using the HSBC ATM now”.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Regarding the simulated CCTV, how did they have front and back video of the doc’s friend making a withdrawal? Stinks of BS to me.

mick_r

Pile of cash, bike and train.

A few early calls on a burner phone and then post to a friend within a 50 mile radius with a nice letter and a pile of postage stamps. Request they send a text or two to my mrs or kids and then immediately post on the phone to one of their friends asking to repeat the process.

Let hunters follow the phone.

Meanwhile go for a 1 month holiday somewhere in UK that I’ve never been before – preferably with good biking 🙂

DrJ

Well, can’t help feeling it’s cheating a bit to publicise the fugitive’s face in the press and offering cash to the public.

teenrat

Well that fell a bit flat, it was almost like he’d given up.

crazy-legs

Disappointed that they caught Ricky, he was doing well up til then.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Kinda thought that was a bit unfair…but then, they’re supposed to be replicating the state. Who knows if those “Have you seen this man…his family and friends are worried about him” posts from the Polis on Twitter are actually genuine missing person alerts or the Bizzies actually pursuing someone…

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Hunted !’ is closed to new replies.