Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Hunger Games
  • fervouredimage
    Free Member

Never read the books, know nothing about the story but the Blu Ray of the movie popped through my letterbox this morning courtesy of LoveFilm. Can’t seem to get enthused enough about it to start watching it though.

Is it any good?

clubber
    Free Member

It’s OK. watched it on a flight to the US and enjoyed it enough but wouldn’t have considered it money well spent at the cinema. ymmv of course.

BlobOnAStick

As always, the books are better.

Having said that the film follows the plot-line of the books fairly faithfully.

druidh
    Free Member

Not a patch on the book. Unfortunately, the 2nd and 3rd parts of the trilogy didn’t live up to the first book either.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Well I really like the film. Different and engaging.
    But my wife watched the film after reading the books and was disappointed.

Over 7 on IMDB (7.3) is pretty good.

ononeorange

I watched it on a flight too. Utter rubbish I thought.

Apologies if that micturates on your chips.

Cougar

I really enjoyed it, but there were chunks of it that made me go “hang on…” My OH who’d read the books filled in the gaps. Worth a watch though.

Can I do my joke, can I?

You know what they call The Hunger Games in France? Battle Royale with cheese.

mashiehood
    Free Member

its just ok – watch it tomo if its bucketing down!

igrf
    Free Member

Not a film I’d watch twice which is annoying since I actually paid money for it on iTunes.

makeitorange
    Free Member

Agree with the above, first book is good (other two are poor), film is bad because they dumbt it down to make in a 12a, if I was making a film of the book it would definitly be an 18.

A great film with a similar storyline is the Japanese film Battle Royale- and it’s very rare that I’d recommend a sub-titled film!

CHB

Food film, with annoying camera work.
    Follows the book fairly closely.
    Second and third books are much weaker than first book. Ending of trilogy is very poor in the book, but I can imagine with a bit of rewriting the film ending could be much better.

CaptJon
    Free Member

There is too much not explained for it to hold up.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

You know what they call The Hunger Games in France? Battle Royale with cheese.

Nothing to with the metric system I assume? 😉

Well, despite the mixed reviews I’m going to give it a watch. I suppose it will be good to watch a film with little prior knowledge to its story.

seosamh77
    Free Member

thought it was rubbish.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

You get to stare at Jennifer Lawrence for an hour and a half. What’s not to like!

grum
    Free Member

I thought it was pretty good, but I’m a sucker for dystopian sci-fi. Not read the book yet but I will.

There is one bit that nearly spoilt it though where it’s difficult to rationalise how the tech could work.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Decent enough film, great to see a slightly more gritty kids film thats. Hats off to them for getting the 12a certificate while still maintaining the darkness that was required.

Watched it again after it came out on DVD and thought it held up well. Much better than some of the utter drivel out there.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Is it any good?

No, no its not

saleem
    Free Member

Don’t waste your time.

butcher

If you’ve seen Battle Royale, then you’ve seen the Hunger Games. I don’t know why they didn’t just call it Battle Royale. It bored me to be honest.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

It was dull, overly simplistic and painfully predictable. A poor crossover of Battle Royale and The Truman Show. If it is true to the book then I’m glad I haven’t read it.

grum
    Free Member

Don’t really get the hate for this film, I thought it was one of the better films I’ve seen lately.

davidjones15
    Free Member

A book written by a female for a predominantly female audience gets slated by a group of blokes.
    I enjoyed the books and the movie because I’m in touch with my feminine side.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Hunger Games’ is closed to new replies.