Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hung backwards…
  • LadyGresley
    Free Member

…our doors that is. We moved a month ago and soon realised that every single one of the ledged and braced internal doors is back to front/inside out. The ledged and braced side is outside the room and the planked side is inside – with the hinges mounted on the planked side.
    Why would someone have done them like that? They’re new-ish, that ‘orrible “orange” pine that will be painted very, very soon.

Esme
    Free Member

It could be worse, Lady G. I’ve just been staying in a holiday cottage where every single door was glass. Yes, even the bathroom 😯

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Back doors?

TTIWWP.

😉

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Have a word with tymbian off here he’s a door expert, he could probably sort it but I think he might want payment up front after his last door job 😆 😆

Northwind

Gnuh.

timba
    Free Member

Maybe the door has been bought with the diagonal braces fixed in one direction; traditionally the brace should point down to the hinge side stile
    If you want the door hinged on a particular side then this will determine the face that you see

trail_rat
    Free Member

Maybe the previous owners wanted to sit in their room looking at the nice side.

If i had half finished doors i know i would.

Bit like the folk that put their half a fence up backwards so they look at the nice side.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hung backwards…’ is closed to new replies.