Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Humvees , Singletracks or zyme's?
  • J273
    Free Member

Looking at the new 2012 range of the above – which out of the above are a slimmer fit ? Hate baggy shorts and would like a tighter fit around the leg.

Or can anyone recommend anything better similar or cheaper price range slim fit shorts?

Many thanks

Northwind

Royal 365s? They’re not long, mind, but otherwise they’re like unbaggy baggies.

J273
    Free Member

Thanks ,they look ideal – do they cover the knee ?

Thanks

Northwind

Nope, they’re shorts rather than 3/4s.

J273
    Free Member

Ok thanks – they do look ideal though ,checking reviews out so think ill go for a pair ,ideal for slimmer rider like myself 🙂

Unless anyone can recommend anything else??

spacemonkey

Hummvees do the trick for me; light, something like 8 pockets (inc 2 for maps), perfect fit. Job done.

My bestest mtb purchase bar none are endura singletrack shorts. Water resistant, strong, slim and stylish. You won’t regret it

J273
    Free Member

Are the humvees slimmer fit than the singletracks in the 2012 range?

Ive got a pair from few years ago but cant remember if they are singletracks or humvees

CraigW
    Free Member

In my experience, both the Humvees and Zymes are rather baggy.
    The Endura Urban shorts are supposed to be a slim fit, though I’ve not tried them myself.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Hummvees do the trick for me; light, something like 8 pockets (inc 2 for maps), perfect fit. Job done.

Most of the pockets are pointless, the map ones aren’t big enough to really hold a map and even if you do put a map in there it interferes with pedalling, the two small ones are only really useful for putting paper money in otherwise anything with weight will just repeatedly bump against your leg. Vents are in the wrong place. I’ve had two pairs and the zips failed on one and stitching went on the other pair. And the liner shorts for both pairs were the wrong size, small and large but not the medium the outers were. When I complained to Endura about these, a jacket and pair of 3/4’s their response was pretty poor, along the lines of, “if you think our stuff is bad the competition is worse”. Got a pair of Dakine shorts that have been fantastic and would also recommend Ground Effect clothing, although I don’t have their baggies what I do have of theirs has been excellent.

acidchunks

Humvees are on the baggier end of the scale butit really depends on the size of your thighs

Tried some similar priced altura shorts on in my lbs recently which were a slimmer fit.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/altura-semi-dry-baggy-shorts/

neninja
    Free Member

Singletrack are slimmer fit that Humvees but I find the Humvees don’t have too much loose material.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Humvees , Singletracks or zyme's?’ is closed to new replies.