Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hummvee v Zyme
  • mackenru

Hi folks

Just worn out the backside on my second pair of 3/4 length Hummvee’s, I really like them but I don’t like the fact that I can’t buy them without a liner which I very rarely use. Then noticed the Zyme’s which “online” look pretty decent though granted more expensive. I use the shorts all year round which also includes the work commute in the very inclement Glasgow so they need to survive a regular visit to the washing machine. To save me a trip to a shop that stocks them does anyone happen to know the main differences?

Cheers

Ruairidh

MoreCashThanDash

I have 3/4 in both.

I find the Zymes feel to be a much heavier weight material, not as soft, and a bit “sweatier”. Almost like a thin canvas. The Humvees are obviously lighter, softer and not quite as sweaty – they also have better venting which helps. Not had a damage/wear issue with either, though the Zymes feel tougher.

And – being Endura – I need a large size in the Zymes and an XL in the Humvees. Sods Law dictates that I actually have them the wrong way round size wise 🙄

I much prefer the Humvees tbh

If you don’t want the liners, have a search on ebay – both mine came about a tenner cheaper than anywhere else pretty much as new. Or else buy new and sell on the liners, someone will usually take them on here.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I have 2 pairs of Zymes. I’m waiting for them to die whereupon I wound not buy another pair.

Stitching on rear pockets has failed on both despite never putting anything in there. The front popper thing is rubbish. They are a bugger to keep up (maybe that’s my shape) as there’s no elastic really. They are tough though, and shrug off brambles / crashes. They also dry quick, but as above “feel” like a heavy fabric.

rocketman
    Free Member

As above the Zymes are made out of a heavy canvas-like nylon material you definitely know you’ve got them on. Humvees are a lighter polyester material and more bike-specific whereas the Zymes are more casual and can also be used for other activities e.g. hiking. Agreed that the popper is rubbish (belt loops provided though)

mackenru

Nice one thanks folks! Replacement pair of Hummvee’s it is and I’ll see if I can sell on the inners!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hummvee v Zyme’ is closed to new replies.