Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hummvee 3/4s vs Hummvee Lite 3/4s
  • Bez

Had a pair of Hummvee 3/4s for years but they’ve always been a bit small; time to get the right size.

I see there’s now a Lite version; anyone able to compare how they perform/feel? On the one hand I’m inclined to get the non-Lite ones in an “ain’t broke, don’t fix it” kind of a way, but on the other hand the Lites might be a bit more versatile and I can get them cheaper.

Looks like the waist fastening on the Lites is a pair of tiny poppers, though, is it…? The big button on the non-Lites appeals more (my current ones are an old model with a popper and it keeps coming undone, notwithstanding the fact that they’re a little too small…)

benp1

I’ve got the normal ones and the light ones

Wouldn’t bother with the light ones. Fewer pockets and less robust material, the original ones are bloody excellent so I’d stick with them

jimdubleyou

I got some lites when they were one sale a couple of months back.

They are very light. They are super comfy, but doubt they are hardwearing or will survive much short-bramble interfacing.

Bez

Right then. Thanks. Non-Lites it is.

Next question is: Much difference between the originals and the Mk II version…?

edlong
    Free Member

The only difference I’ve noticed is the button fastener at the front instead of press-stud.

alric
    Free Member

my non lites are a bit tight, the lites a bit loose
    the lites are my favourite in thailand, its too hot there for anything else.
    the lites are pretty strong considering, have lasted very well. I’d buy more if i was going back there

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hummvee 3/4s vs Hummvee Lite 3/4s’ is closed to new replies.