Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Humax HDR2000T Freeview Box, any good?
  • granny_ring

Our old Humax PVR 9200T is going a bit wonky so was going to get one of these as a matter of course but have seen a few bad reviews.
    Anyone got one or can recommend something else that’s reliable?
    For freeview not freesat.
    Thanks.

Pook

we had a humax. It went back three times then we decided to give up entirely on the brand. Crap.

Pieface

Which brand / model would you recommend Pook? Our old Humax is getting a bit long in the tooth and there are no software updates any more, but now we have a LIVE TV box its replacement is less urgent.

djambo
    Free Member

I used to have a Humax PVR 9200. Gave many years of good service before dying.

Currently got a new model with HD (can’t remember the exact model, think it s a HDR Fox T2) and it’s been flawless for the last 3-4 years we’ve had it.

That said there are probably newer models out there now so my input probably isn’t helping too much!

Pook

we had a humax. It went back three times then we decided to give up entirely on the brand. Crap

GrahamS

I have the 2000T (1Terabyte edition).
    Been flawless for us. I like it. Used to have a 9200 and it is a good step up from that. Much nicer UI and guide and much more responsive.

Only problem I have with it is that the auto-standby disconnects it from my wifi network and you have to go into setting every time and hit okay to reconnect it. Bit of a pain that but I don’t stream stuff to/from the box enough for it to be an issue.

somouk
    Free Member

I have a HDR 1000S and it’s an excellent bit of kit.

julians
    Free Member

I’ve got a Humax HDR fox freeview box, had it for 3 or 4 years now, its been perfect, not missed a beat. Easy to use, I’d recommend it.

before that I had a PVR 9200 like yours, that was also perfect.

I did try a different brand after the 9200 before I bought the HDR, I tried a Phillips, which was just dire, slow, kept crashing, etc. Persevered for 6 months then took it back to john lewis and swapped for the humax HDR

nickjb
    Free Member

Had a humax for a week or so. Needed resetting a few times and missed some recordings so went back. They didn’t even question it which lead me to believe this was a common occurrence. Bought a Panasonic which has been great. The remote recording app is a little flakey but it always records.

granny_ring

It was the reviews on John Lewis that took me by surprise as we’ve been very happy with the 9200T.
    Might still go for 2000, I’ll have a look at the Panasonic one, any other makes to consider?

nuke

Surprised by comments on faulty Humax boxes, we’ve had a Humax box for years with not a single issue and now have a T2000 Youview box…works very well, no complaints (aside clicky remote) and the app for remote recording is great

GJP
    Free Member

I bought one at Xmas after my trusty Sony died after a decade of use. I wouldn’t buy another humax product, it is just a temperamental SOB, reset any number of times, remote froze, meaning I couldn’t reset it. It needs to be on to use the TV tuner, switches itself off. Wish I had bought the cheaper Panasonic even though it looked pants.

tinribz
    Free Member

Got a HDR-1010S at Christmas, does everything it’s supposed to (after a quick firmware update). Probably not worth the premium if you are cabled up but wifi is a bonus for iplayer and the odd youtube play list.

GrahamS

Surprised by comments on faulty Humax boxes,

Me too. Our 9200 was second hand and lasted for a good five years before the hard drive started dying.
    2000T has been great so far. Only thing that crashes is iPlayer.

It needs to be on to use the TV tuner,

You mean the pass through? Not sure why you’d want to do that?

switches itself off.

Auto power off? You can change it in the settings.

GJP
    Free Member

I took mine back today for a refund. Remote froze again yesterday rendering it useless, either a fault with the remote or the sensor on the device. Perhaps just a bad example but a complete PITA. Sadly, there does not seems to be a lot of choice.

granny_ring

Its not great reading about the many problems with them.
    Anyone else as well as nick got a Panasonic box and any feedback on those?
    I see that John Lewis sell one with a blue ray player.

granny_ring

A last bump before I sort one tomorrow, any others apart from the Humax & Panasonic? I cant decide which to go for as I’ve looked at reviews of both and they both seem to have a few negatives….

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Humax HDR2000T Freeview Box, any good?’ is closed to new replies.