• This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by cb.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Humax Freesat – no signal
  • cb

We’ve got a 1000S model that has been working fine for a year or so. Tonight it decides that it no longer has signal! I’ve takne out the cables and put them back in with no luck.

Are these problems common – is a turn it off at the mains for an hour type solution or am I going shopping again?

Any ideas?

rwamartin
    Free Member

Are you sure that the aerial is ok? If you have access to another digital tv then try this to confirm there is a signal present.

Does the house have more than one TV and if so, is there a signal booster? If the booster is off one or more TVs may not have sufficient signal being received.

Alternatively see it as a bonus that you’ve no longer got 105 channels of dross to choose from and ride the bike instead….. 😉

Rich.

alanf
    Free Member

Try re-tuning the channels on the box.
    Had this recently on a Freeview TV.
    I thought initially it was the ariel that was the problem but the set just needed retuning. No idea why it dropped all the channels but it’s been fine since.
    It’s an easy one to try first.

rwamartin
    Free Member

Alanf’s advice is good. However, it might be worth checking that signal is present first because if you retune and there’s no signal being received you’ll have a box that is now “empty” of stored channels so you won’t know for certain whether it’s the box or aerial.

Also, if you’ve had winds like we’ve had here in Wales this week you may have problems at the masthead (assuming an outside aerial).

tinribz
    Free Member

Had mine a year too, had same thing a couple of occasions for no apparent reason, been a long while since the last time.

StirlingCrispin

On my Humax box you can go into settings and check the signal strength coming into the box.

That said, ours shows two signal inputs but we can only record/watch on one.

For a complete reset you have to turn it off and press a reset button on the back – worth checking the web for more details.

cp

I’d check the signal strength first through the settings on the humax and if that doesn’t show anything then via an in-line strength checker – ebay, couple of quid.

If you’re not getting signal, then it suggests a cable or dish issue – could the recent winds have moved the dish, or dis-lodged something which may have dropped on the dish, or a cable come off the dish. Many things it could be beyond the Humax.

EDIT – the dish alignment needs to be spot on, any small movements and it’ll be off. if the signal strength things are shown no signal then it could be worth having a quick play with dish alignment, as it could look unchanged, but in reality is looking at nothing.

cb

Thanks all

tinribz – how did you resolve your issues?

The settings show no signal for either tuner. I will check the dish but it worked fine after the recent winds etc.

Will dig the old Sky box out of the loft and see if that works.

cb

uhmmm – checked the old Sky box and that works fine. So I’m left with a re-tune or call to Humax?

welshfarmer

Not just heavy rain is it? Ours just lost signal in the worst of a downpour but is back now

cb

Nope – sky box fine. It went dead so quickly I feel something has gone pop inside – wasn’t getting any issues with it at all until it fell over!

Bought August 2014!

cb

Factory reset did the trick, I’ll shut up now.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Humax Freesat – no signal’ is closed to new replies.