Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Humax foxsat PVR Owners (Help – confused old lady content)
  • monkey_boy
    Free Member

evening all.

mum got sick of sky (justify cost) so we cancelled and in my wisdom and suggestions on here got her a nice new humax foxsat box. sky+ seemed waaaaaay easier to use.

(yes it will take her (and me) a while to get used to it 😉

anyway, i set it up fine, all works.

but she is getting really confused.

how do you lot use yours, may sound stupid but bare with me as hopefully im just doing it wrong!

1 – ive used the tv codes to ‘pair’ the humax controller with the tv, you can tunr off the box and use most of the buttons BUT if you hit th e’numbered’ buttons they do **** all. – is this just a case of using another pair number rather than the first one that worked?

2 – ive told her to hit the central ‘ok’ button when she wants to change channels as it brings up the nice TV menu and then use the up down left right etc, also the big PAGE button to go down a page.

3 – to record got her to hit the GUIDE button, then search for what she wants to record. trouble is it confuses her as on the sky+ it was basically one click and away you went. but sometimes it comes up with normal channel or hd, can you change it so it just records without faffing?

4 – to find play recordings hit the ‘media’ button then just OK on what you want to watch.

5 – if she is watching a programme on good ole sky you hit puase and it PAUSED. with the humax the only way i can see to do it is to hit the =PAUSE button but it still plays the programme and looks like its done **** all?

again i need to go down and have a good play but wanted to see if ive finally lost it.

cheers

cranberry
    Free Member

having converted my parents from a very easy to use Humax 9200 to a Foxsat T2 on which Satan himself has moved some of the buttons on the remote.. you have my comiserations.

1. training has been completed in our case that the tv remote is used to power on/off the tv only and is not to be fiddled with otherwise.

2. I always just press guide for a better overview of what is on, or type in the number of the channel required.

3. a case of COLTFU learning to press that one tricky extra button.

4. yep.

5. pressing pause should work as before ( possibly unless you are recording a couple of things at the same time ).

Good luck!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I sold mine cos it was a right PITA to use, not user friendly at all (if your old like me that is)

monkey_boy
    Free Member

cheers, I know sky is hard to beat in terms of usability but the humax does seem a bit fiddly.

cranberry
    Free Member

I”ve no experience of Sky boxes, but have always found Humax boxes very simple to use.

However there was almost a revolt when I set up the box for my parents and Coronation Dale became one button harder to record. tantrums only came to an end when I started leaving retirement home brochures on the coffee table. 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Humax foxsat PVR Owners (Help – confused old lady content)’ is closed to new replies.