Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Humax Failure!
  • plant
    Free Member

Hi,

Anyone had a problem with the Humax box freezing? Switches on, goes through the start up process, shows the channel and the freezes. Doesn't respond to the remote or the buttons on the box. Have to switch it off at the back to reset.

I have unplugged it from mains in the hope that it might be static build-up but no joy.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

nuke

Misread that and I was expecting a bloodied child and a broken bike seat when I clicked on this thread 😯

I do have a Humax PVR but haven't experienced the problem…yet. Annoys me that when you turn it on at the mains, you have to sit through it booting up, checking games etc then it switches off again so you then have to go through the boot up again when you press the RC button. Other than that, top VFM bit of kit.

GrahamS

No such issue on my Humax.

Maybe your hard disk is fecked? Check out the hummy forums, they'll know.

jahwomble
    Free Member

Mine used to do that…….Usually if the hard drive was fairly full, I used to just clear all the stuff off the drive and format it again, and it would be fine till it got fairly full again, and eventually the hd died, then it was just a freeview box. You can get kits to replace the hd if it is that though.

GrahamS

Yeah from memory it's just a standard hard drive so you can just stick a new one in.

jahwomble
    Free Member

it's a specific format or make of drive iirc. cant remember what exactly, may have been seagate that most people recommended, but it was fairly easy to get a year or so ago.

plant
    Free Member

It would seem there is a current software problem and it seems the older 9200's can't cope with the number of channels and slows to a halt!

If you are experiencing slow button function and/or freezing, I suggest you go read the Hummy Forum and/or do the following.

Please follow the steps below to perform a Default reset;

1. Power OFF the receiver
    2. Disconnect the Aerial cable
    3. Power On the receiver
    4. Press MENU
    5. Select Installation
    6. Enter your password (default = 0000)
    7. Select Default Setting
    8. Select YES
    9. Enter your password (Default = 0000)
    10. When the receiver restarts, power off
    11. Connect the Aerial Cable
    12. Power ON – the receiver will then search for the channels.

Has worked for me (so far).

GrahamS – thank you sooooo much for supplying the link ….. Saved me a shed load of heartache and costs!

GrahamS

No probs plant.

I wonder if that would sort out why I can't get ITV3 after the recent re-tune?

Not that I miss it 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Humax Failure!’ is closed to new replies.