• This topic has 50 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Kuco.
Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Humans – Channel 4
  • nemesis
    Free Member

That’s because you’re getting your requirements from humans. Take them out of the equation and…

binners

But what about poets, artists, playwrights, actors, etc? Well, a computer could do most of that perfectly too, maybe even a little to perfectly (photo Vs Van Gough)

Good luck with getting a computer to devise something like Surrealism, Abstract Expressionism or Cubism?

richc
    Free Member

Good luck with getting a computer to devise something like Surrealism or Cubism?

I guess once they have knocked us off they wouldn’t need to bother…

binners

Fair point

gonefishin
    Free Member

I’m not so convinced, I work in engineering and already my PC probably does more work than a whole team of engineers would have done in the 70’s. It (and I) might not be as clever, or be able to see through the problem to the answer quite so immediately, but on shear brute force the computer can resolve problems people can’t. And thus 10% of my job is ‘managing’ my computer, taking data from one program to another, dividing up its time, etc. The other 90% is dealing with people, so a robot/computer would have that advantage for the off!

I can certainly relate to this from when I worked in a design house; the trick was to know when stop the analysis. It’s also one of the reasons I still write simple calculation by hand as it forces me to think a lesson I sometimes have to force others to learn!

I agree, it is, but if it was done by a computer program and infinite processing power, would that be the case

Paralysis by analysis would be the most likely outcome of that I’d have thought.

nickc

Good luck with getting a computer to devise something like Surrealism, Abstract Expressionism or Cubism?

Don’t need to. Those are already devised forms of art, the point of art (surely) is to continue to develop, so once you decide that your synth has ‘life’ and you teach it the basis of the concept of art, whatever it produces IS art.

no?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Did anyone stick with it? Is it worth trying to catch up with?

tyrionl1
    Free Member

Yep, I’m still in, could be better, could be worse, I still want one, anyone guess which? 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

Gemma Chan?

tyrionl1
    Free Member

😉

Kuco

I’m gonna give it a final go tonight if things don’t pick up then I won’t bother with the rest.

I thought Extant was slow but this is even slower.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Humans – Channel 4’ is closed to new replies.