Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Humanitarian crisis?
  • totalshell

two points.. firstly the red cross belittles its work all round the worlds trouble spots by putting the worlds largest free at point of service inclusive health service employing 1350000 people is a humanitarian crisis like the poor folk in aleppo and the starving in sudan..

secondly how did an organisation spending £107 000 000 000 a year and emplying more people on salaries greater than £100 000 a year than any other organisation on earth find itself in this position?

and yes jeremy more money might helpbut how much more? and from where?

Drac

emplying more people on salaries greater than £100 000 a year than any other organisation on earth find itself in this position?

The fifth biggest employer in the world.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

In all fairness £100k isn’t that much these days.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

We’re going to need a bigger teapot…..

thegreatape
    Free Member

In all fairness £100k isn’t that much these days.

It would be more than enough for me

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

BS

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Le shock sodding horror, maybe the types that join The Red Cross loathe Tories.

Drac

We’re going to need a bigger teapot…..

Make sure it’s French or American as they do it better.

MoreCashThanDash

I do think that was a badly worded quote. The NHS has a crisis, but it’s not Aleppo. To suggest it is on that scale detracts from both the NHS and the Red Cross.

Wonder if this report was released for the benefit of the Red Cross or the NHS? Saw the Red Cross guy on Breakfast News and he seemed to have made it up on the back of some news report and Twitter feeds.

TheFlyingOx

firstly the red cross belittles its work all round the worlds trouble spots by putting the worlds largest free at point of service inclusive health service employing 1350000 people is a humanitarian crisis like the poor folk in aleppo and the starving in sudan..

Anyone able to translate?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I can’t be arsed to translate tw..

err

ahem

cinnamon_girl

The CEO of the Red Cross said “we’ve been called in to support the NHS …” Who called him?

spekkie
    Free Member

The first para is hard to understand with so little grammar.

🙁

Drac

Maybe they couldn’t find The A Team

#wheresjeremy

dazh

See the nasty tories thread.

Jamie
    Free Member

The first para is hard to understand with so little grammar.

The first casualty appears to be capitalisation.

Drac

I think he’s trying to say helping out in a time of crisis at some hospitals is beneath the Red Cross and belittles their cause. I hope he doesn’t find out they deliver walking and social aids to individuals.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Evnin’ Drac 🙂

Top Dcotors, Surgeons and administrators should be earning a lot more than £100k. NHS is a huge emoloyer on a goobal scale so by it’s very nature it will have a lot of highly paid people. Best Docfors we use in France are making in excess of €1m pa having setup specialst businesses (see what I did there Drac 😉 ). We know this as company records are free to access.

This is being discussed in the Tories thread, it is a cross party national issue. No party has a realistic solution or even acknowledges the scale of the problem.

Specifically on the Red Cross it seems they help out every winter, would be good practice I imagine as there is only so much you can learn in a classroom. I would agree the Humanitarian Crises tag is ludicrous.

Northwind

totalshell – Member

two points.. firstly the red cross belittles its work all round the worlds trouble spots by putting the worlds largest free at point of service inclusive health service employing 1350000 people is a humanitarian crisis like the poor folk in aleppo and the starving in sudan..

Saying “this is a humanitarian crisis” doesn’t mean “this is the same as these other humanitarian crises”. I mean, not even a little bit. The Red Cross simply haven’t suggested there’s anything like Aleppo going on here.

The only people claiming it means equivalence with Aleppo are people trying to beat down the Red Cross and dismiss criticism with straw men, like Sarah Wollaston MP, so why not get on their case if you have an issue with the comparison?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Shooting everyone when they reach retirement age would solve it.

totalshell

apologies for the poor grammar and capitliastiton what ever that is.. since a stroke i have difficulty with words and numebrs they look good to me sometimes they dont but i cant recognise whats wrong.. do from the above i ve a lot to be grateful for from the nhs and some regrets.

MrOvershoot

Tom_W1987 – Member

What age is that then?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Ahhhh well sorry to hear that totalshell.

But yeah, they’re highlighting a cause that helped you. Do you know how in debt you’d be if you had a stroke in the USA without decent insurance?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

To answer one of the questions above, the Red Cross do help with some patient discharges. They provide transport to homes and also initial care in the home. More hospitals are using them.

The choice of words was perhaps wrong, but the government / press / population have so far refused to believe what is happening within the NHS. It won’t be long before people do start die because of problems in the NHS. If this miss use of words helps prevent that from happening then fair enough.

Hospital staffing levels are unsafe, hospitals are over capacity, and social care can not cope.

On Thursday something unprecedented happened in our hospital. A call went out to non clinical members of staff to help out in clinical areas. I spent most of the morning sat with Elsie, a mid 80’s lady with dementia (who didn’t need to be in an acute hospital bed). This enabled the nursing staff to then care for the sick patients.

I have also said before that I know that one of the biggest Trauma Hospitals in the U.K. now routinely only has 50% of its rotas filled.

The bit I don’t understand is that Jeremy wants to run the NHS in to the ground so he can privatise it, but at the moment he’s going that far he could end up doing the one thing politicians don’t like, and that is losing power, but I reckon people will have to die before that happens.

Sad times

Drac

Well put Funky, I was coming back with a serious post but you’ve covered it.

Northwind

FunkyDunc – Member

I reckon people will have to die before that happens.

This already happened. This is the real disgrace of it. Not even funding or staffing or service levels, the stupid political games Hunt plays have killed people.

cinnamon_girl

And those pesky Lyme patients too eh Tom?

ulysse
    Free Member

the stupid political games Hunt plays have killed people

And IDS/ David Freud’s games haven’t?

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Humanitarian crisis?’ is closed to new replies.